Summary: The Holy Spirit guides you to Godly leaders who will serve as great examples for you. David wrote, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." (Psa. 32:8)
How The Holy Spirit Helps You Pay the Price to be a Great Leader (Psa. 32:8)
Illustration;Matthew Henry went to London, met a young lady of the nobility, who was also wealthy, and they fell in love. She went to ask her father if she could marry him and he said, "He’s got no background, you don’t know where he’s come from." She said, "Yes, I know, but I know where he’s going and I want to go with him."
1. The Holy Spirit knows the exact requirements necessary to help you become a great leader. Jesus said, "Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave." (Matt. 20; 26,27)
Application: Ask the Lord to reveal more of the qualities, concepts and duties required of a servant leader through the Spirit’s illumination.
2. The Holy Spirit guides you to Godly leaders who will serve as great examples for you. David wrote, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." (Psa. 32:8)
Application: Ask the Lord to guide you to the best Pastors who can model the character qualities, skills and thinking of a great leader for your instruction.
3. The Holy Spirit transforms you into a great leader as you endure hardships for Christ’s sake. Paul wrote, "I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ." (Phil. 3:8)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you endure the hardships, sufferings and setbacks involved with learning to become a great leader.
4. The Holy Spirit refines you into Christlikeness as you practice what is preached in the Bible. Paul wrote, "To be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles with the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit." (Rom. 15:16)
Ask the Lord to use the Spirit in whatever way He chooses to free you from all impurities.
5. The Holy Spirit helps you not take criticism personally or become bitter from it. The Spirit of God helps us develop a greater emotional maturity so that we are able to let criticism bounce off our spiritual armor of faith, truth, and righteousness. Paul wrote, "Take put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground." (Eph. 6:13)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you turn negative criticisms into positive motivations to trust God as your shield and defender.
6. The Holy Spirit strengthens you when you are fatigued. Isaiah wrote, "They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will run and not be weary. They will walk and not faint." (Isa. 40:31) Ask the Lord to give you the emotional, physical, mental and spiritual strength to accomplish all He desires in your personal life, relationships and ministries.
Illustration: Sometime back the Associated Press carried this dispatch: "Glasgow, Ky.--Leslie Puckett, after struggling to start his car, lifted the hood and discovered that someone had stolen the motor." Without the Holy Spirit’s power we are like that car without its engine. Associated Press.