Summary: This message explores some of the key concepts in being a "good soldier of Jesus Christ."
- Veteran’s Day.
HOW TO BE A FAITHFUL SOLDIER IN GOD’S ARMY:
OUR SITUATION AS SOLDIERS:
1. There is a war going on.
- 1 Timothy 6:12 - “Fight the good fight of faith. . .”
2. It is a spiritual battle.
- Ephesians 6:12 - “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
3. There is still a lot of fight left in the enemy.
- 1 Peter 5:8 - “. . . your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he
- cf. Jesus’ victory: John 16:33.
- some mentions of “war” and future battles: Revelation 11:7; 12:7; 13:4; 13:7; 17:14; 19:11;
OUR JOB AS SOLDIERS:
- not an exhaustive list of our roles, but four of the most important.
1. Wake up to the difference between Boot Camp and Club Med.
- 2 Timothy 2:3 - “You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”
2. Receive Jesus’ words as the orders of your General.
- Revelation 19:16 - “And He has. . . a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”
- the contradiction of “No, Lord.”
3. Become skilled with your offensive weapon.
- Ephesians 6:17 - “And take. . . the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”
- Hebrews 4:12.
4. Fight the enemy, not each other.
- John 17:20-21 - “I. . . pray. . . that they all may be one, . . . that the world may believe that You sent