Summary: This message explores some of the key concepts in being a "good soldier of Jesus Christ."
- Veteran’s Day.
HOW TO BE A FAITHFUL SOLDIER IN GOD’S ARMY:
OUR SITUATION AS SOLDIERS:
1. There is a war going on.
2. It is a spiritual battle.
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
3. There is still a lot of fight left in the enemy.
OUR JOB AS SOLDIERS:
- not an exhaustive list of our roles, but four of the most important.
1. Wake up to the difference between Boot Camp and Club Med.
2. Receive Jesus’ words as the orders of your General.
- a few examples of calling Him “Lord”: 1 Corinthians 1:7 (quickview) 1 Corinthians 8:6 (quickview) James 2:1 (quickview)  (literally dozens of New Testament references to Him as “Lord”).
- the contradiction of “No, Lord.”
3. Become skilled with your offensive weapon.
4. Fight the enemy, not each other.