Summary: Contentment is a rare quality in today’s culture, but it is extremely liberating! Materialism, striving for rank , back-stabbing, and discontent lead to emotional, mental, financial, and spiritual bondage
HOW TO BE A GODLY EMPLOYEE
1. TRUST IN GOD ONLY. Trust in no one but GOD. People will disappoint you.
God created you and has a wonderful plan for your life. He is too good to
do wrong, and too wise to make a mistake. Let His peace abide in you.
2. WORSHIP GOD ONLY. Don’t make your career, your company, or your boss a god.
If you do, you will provoke Him to jealously and will end up fighting Him. In fact,
He may hinder you from achieving what you want until you are broken of the idolatry.
3. USE GOD’S NAME REVERENTLY. Don’t swear! Clean words come out of a clean
heart! If your co-workers know that you are a Christian, but they hear the Lord’s Name
used in vain, or cursing and swearing from your mouth, you will give the appearance of
4. WORK SIX DAYS AND REST ON THE SEVENTH. Before you beg for more vacation
time, ask yourself a few questions, "Do you honor the Sabbath?" God has already given
you 52 days of time off that equates to seven weeks. "Are your expectations for work,
vacation, and retirement realistic?" By resting one day a week, you can avoid burnout.
5. RESPECT AND OBEY YOUR BOSS. You should respect and obey your boss,
because you don’t know what it’s like to be in their shoes. Plus, your Ultimate Boss is
the Lord. Serve Him faithfully on the job, and He will bless you. However, if your boss
commands you to do something illegal or immoral, you must make a stand and obey
God rather than man.
6. PROTECT AND RESPECT HUMAN LIFE. Emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual
manipulation, abuses and violence have no place in the workplace...or any place. You
do not have the right to use and abuse your boss, co-workers, employees, customers,
7. BE TRUE TO YOUR SPOUSE. If you are not getting the kind of attention that you feel
you deserve at home, it’s common to seek it with someone at work. Honor your wedding
vows by avoiding company romances! They are very tempting, very real, and very common.
They are also very wrong and very destructive.
8. DO NOT TAKE WHAT BELONGS TO OTHERS. Stealing at work can take many forms.
You can choose to steal materials, money, time, productivity, and joy from your employer
and others. Do not remove your integrity by stealing.
9. DO NOT LIE ABOUT OTHERS. Do not fabricate stories about your boss, co-workers,
and spread gossip for the sake of company politics. You are here to be the salt and the light,
not the pepper and the darkness! Truth always rises to the surface, and eventually you will
be ashamed and rebuked if you lie.
(1Peter 2: 10-13)
10. BE SATISFIED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE. Contentment doesn’t mean that you cannot
pursue God-given goals, but it does mean that you are content with what He has provided
you with, day after day. Contentment is a rare quality in today’s culture, but it is extremely
liberating! Materialism, striving for rank , back-stabbing, and discontent lead to emotional,
mental, financial, and spiritual bondage
Taken from Kneemail.com