Summary: Too many Americans are missing out on the blessings of being involved with the great commission of our Lord Jesus Christ. Our great Savior and Friend said, You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you will be my witnesses in Jer
How to Be a Great Commission Christian
Too many Americans are missing out on the blessings of being involved with the great commission of our Lord Jesus Christ. Our great Savior and Friend said,
You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and unto the utter most parts of the earth." (Acts 1:8)
The following are guidelines for helping you, your friends and family experience the full power of being a great commission Christian:
1. Pentecostal Power Giver – Praise you that He gave us the Spirit for all nations and people groups. Do not think you are doing your job unless you are engaged in all four aspects of the great commission: Jerusalem (city) Judea (State) Samaria (country) and utter most part of the world (The other 232 nations on the planet)
Illustration: The Curse that Backfired
Today, Jesus is appearing to many Muslims. Followers of Islam know about Jesus. To them he was a prophet and is revered as such. But the teachings of the Koran do not proclaim him to be the Son of God and the Savior of all mankind. In his sovereign plan for winning lost–and blinded–Muslims, he is appearing to many seeking Muslims who absolutely put their faith in him when they see him and hear him express his love and forgiveness.
For example, Jesus recently appeared to a young lady whose heart was full of questions. Her father was a political and religious leader in the community. The following morning, she told her parents of her meeting with Jesus and stunned them with the news that she was now a follower of Jesus Christ. They tried to persuade her back into Islam, but failed.
So the father called on two Islamic clerics who were also practitioners of black magic. They, too, failed to dissuade the young believer. Before leaving, they pronounced a curse on her: "Because you have deserted your faith in Allah, you will be dead by tomorrow morning." And then, as if by way of a PS, added: "If Jesus is real and your new faith is true, this curse will strike us and we will both die."
You’ve already guessed the rest of the story. That night, both of these Islamic clerics died! The young woman’s family and neighbors all came to Christ. A church was started in the community. It’s this kind of power encounter that is bringing a huge response to the gospel all over Indonesia – and India, Africa and Latin America."
(From Newsbriefs from Dawn Ministries, Sept/Oct 2003)
2. People Giver – Praise you that you give me the people of your choosing to train, love and disciple and fellowship with
3. Perceiver – Praise God that He is the perceiver of our thoughts, feelings and weaknesses. He enables us to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works mightily within us. "You perceive my thoughts from afar" (Psa 139:2)
3. Perfect – Praise God that He has set a high standard for us to achieve through the empowering of the Holy Spirit. "Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect" (Matt 5:44)
4. Perfect Gift Giver – Thank God and learn to cooperate with other members of the body of Christ and work in harmony with their spiritual gifts. Every good and perfect gift is from above (James 1:17)
5. Perfecter or our faith – Rest in the fact that Christ is the initiator and the completer of the great commission. We are only on mission with His plan. He is the author and perfecter of our faith
6. Performer of great wonders – Praise God that He is a miracle working God who overcomes all kinds of human impossibilities. To perform great and awesome wonders (2 Sa 7:23)
7. Permission Giver – Realize and rethink how Christ give you permission and facility to express His gospel to the whole world. Things that man is not permitted to tell (2 Cor 12:4)
8. Perseverer – Praise you that He helps us persevere even when we are tired and discouraged. Through perseverance and encouragement of the scripture we might have hope. (Rom 15:13)
9. Perseverer – Follow and emulate Christ’s perseverance. Satan tried to stop Jesus from going all the way to Calvary but he could not
10. Person Director – Realize that the Lord is the one who will help connect us with the right network of people for the furtherance of His kingdom in greater quantity and qualitative growth. Praise God for directing all people even though they may not listen
Americans Describe Their Views About Life After Death
October 21, 2003
(Ventura, CA) Despite the constant flux in many dimensions of Americans’ lives, a new study from the Barna Research Group of Ventura, California, shows that most people have retained surprisingly traditional views about life after death. Although the lifestyles, values, and self-perceptions of most adults have undergone significant change – and millions of Americans have embraced many elements of a postmodern worldview – the vast majority continues to believe that there is life after death, that everyone has a soul, and that Heaven and Hell exist. However, more than 50 million adults are uncertain regarding their personal eternal fate.