Summary: What did the smartest man who ever lived have to say about it?
Living Wise In A Stupid World Lesson #8
How to be H.A.P.P.Y.
(What did the smartest man who ever lived have to say about it)
Text: Proverbs 3:13-18
• Have a good attitude. Do the right thing in the right spirit. “Do all things without murmurings and disputings.” Philippians 2:14.
• Build relationships. Cultivate friendships. Eat with friends. Laugh. “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.” Proverbs 27:17.
• Get involved. Have something to do. Busy people are happier. Don’t dwell on negative thoughts. “Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.” Proverbs 16:3.
• Meditation releases endorphins. “The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him.” Psalm 145:18.
• Praying and reading the Bible reduces stress. “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.” John 16:33.
P.ut people first.
• Narcissistic people are very unhappy people. “…preferring one another.” Romans 12:10.
Y.es God. Be in the center of God’s will.
• Being in God’s will gives peace. "For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother." Mark 3:35.
• “Things” go better when you are in God’s will. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Philippians 2:13.
To be happy is to discover the good life that the Creator intended. How do you discover the good life? Use wisdom. Be H.A.P.P.Y.