Summary: A look at the two main places we should invest our money if we want to be "rich toward God" (Luke 12:21).
WHERE DO I PUT THE MONEY? Being “rich toward God” seems a little obscure because you can’t mail God a hundred bucks.
- Luke 12:21.
- The investment sites that give you all the resources to figure out where to invest – I don’t have time for that. I want an expert to do that work and tell me their best opinion.
- If you left last week with a desire to be “rich toward God,” the next question is where do you invest your money.
- You can’t just write God’s name on an envelope and mail the money to Him.
- You need to know where to put your money that constitutes “investing in the Kingdom of God.”
- This morning I want to talk about where to invest.
WHERE DO YOU INVEST TO BE "RICH TOWARD GOD"?
1. PEOPLE'S NEEDS.
- It can be something small, like buying a cup of coffee.
- It can be something big, like paying for a $500 gas bill.
- In either event, when we see people’s needs and invest there, that’s one way we can invest in the Kingdom and become more “rich toward God.”
2. JESUS' NAME.
- We want to do things that are going to lift up the name of Jesus.
- Explain the idea of glorifying God’s name and why that’s not egotistical.
- This would include churches, ministries, and events that are designed to lift up the name of Jesus.
- I have made these two things short – people’s needs and Jesus’ name – as well as pneumonic so that you can remember them. You might want to write them in your checkbook on the back of your checkbook register.
- Ask yourself: how much money in my last paycheck did I invest in people’s needs and Jesus’ name? That’s what’s going to last out of this world.
- If the answer is “not much,” then you’re largely throwing away your money.
HOW DO EACH OF THOSE WORK?
1. LOVE SHOWN IN SACRIFICIAL GIVING HAS ENORMOUS IMPACT ON DRAWING HEART TO SALVATION BECAUSE THEY ARE MOST TOUCHED IN A MOMENT OF NEED.
- READ: Acts 9:39.
- The compassion and concern that meets us in a moment of uncertainty and need touches our heart deeply.
- And we do that in Christian love.
2. THERE IS AN INTRINSIC DRAWING POWER TO JESUS' LIFE AND DEATH.