Summary: Everyone gets discouraged from time to time. here is a good formula to beat those BLUE times in your life
How to Beat the
Pastor Jamie Wright * May 4, 2005
Psalm 42:5 “Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God and once again I will praise Him!
B- Believe the positive
Story of Mikey Dalton
Your outlook determines your outcome
Your attitude determines your altitude
Change your thinking and change your life
Every negative thought brings hurt
“Whatsoever things are of a good report…think on these things.” Phil. 4:8 (NKJV)
• Too many of us believe the negative before we believe the positive. Whose report will you believe?
L- Listen to God’s Voice
“If a man has ears, he should use them. Be careful how you listen.” Mark 4:23-24 (Ph)
• We are down because we listen to the wrong voices. Who are you listening to? What are you listening to?
“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” Matt. 17:5 (NASB)
• Jesus speaks in many different ways:
Nature, His Word, other people, His prophets, signs and wonders
U- Utilize His Promises
“Not one of the Lord’s promises to his people has failed…” Joshua 21:45 (NIV)
• All His promises are ‘YES’ in Him.
What has He promised?
“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are ‘YES’ in Christ. “ II Cor. 1:20 (NIV)
E- Encourage One Another
“Therefore, encourage one another, and build up one another...” I Thes. 5:11
• You get what you give!
• Why are you so blue? Because you are getting what you gave out. Any idiot can tear something down. It takes time, energy and effort to build something.
Be exciting, be enthusiastic, and expecting
S- Sing His Praises
“My lips will shout for joy when I sing praises to Thee.”
Psalm 71:23 (NIV)
• Praising God brings hope. It helps lift us out of despair. What song are you singing? There’s a tear in my beer… Misery and agony on me…
Praise Him in the morning, praise Him at the noon time, praise Him all night long. From the rising of the Son til the going down of the same. I gotta YET PRAISE
• Who are you praising? I am praising my King!