Summary: If King David can become a man after God’s own heart, so can you; that if you desire to be all that God wants you to be.
Topic: How to become a man (father) after God’s own heart
In the Word of God, there are some principles that men must follow if he desires to become a man (father) after God’s own heart. To become a man that is after God’s own heart, a man must learn to do the following important things:
1. To become a man after God’s own heart, first of all the man must be born again. He must be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. He must be a man who is saved, sanctified and filled the Holy Spirit.
St. John 3:3 says, “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Romans 10:9 says, “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ, and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
Ephesians 5:18 says, “Do not be drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but be filled with the Spirit.”
2. To become a man after God’s own heart, the man must read, study, learn, be trained/taught, and obey the Word of God.
Psalm 119:11 says, Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word.”
Psalm 119:133 says, “Order my steps in thy word.”
St. Luke 11:28 says, “Blessed are they that hear the Word of God, and keep it.
2nd Timothy 2:15 says, Study to shew yourself approved unto God, a workman needs not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth.”
James 1:23 says, to “Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only.”
3. To become a man after God’s own heart, the man must be a man of prayer.
St. Luke 18:1 says that “Men should always pray and not faint.”
I Thessalonians 5:17 says to “Pray without ceasing.”
Philippians 4:6-7 says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known unto God.”
2nd Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
4. To become a man after God’s own heart, the man must praise and worship the Lord daily.
St. John 4:24 says, “God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”
St. Matthew 4:10 says, “Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”
5. To become a man after God’s own heart, the man must serve the Lord daily.
Deuteronomy 10:12 says, “And now Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him; and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul.”
Joshua 24:15 says, “And if it seems evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell, but as for me, and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
6. To become a man after God’s own heart, the man must love, cherish, provide for, protect, encourage, guide, and uplift his lovely wife.