Summary: What Are the Requirements for Experiencing Fullness of the Spirit's Power? 1.
What Are the Requirements for Experiencing Fullness of the Spirit's Power?
1. A person must totally surrender the control of their mind, will and emotions to the Holy Spirit as directed by Bible. (Gal. 5:16) At conversion a believer becomes complete in Christ but usually does not learn what it means to be completely filled with the Spirit's power - maturity is necessary. (Eph. 4: 15,16) All believers have the Holy Spirit, but few experience the fullness of His power. (Acts 1 :8)
2. We are commanded to be filled with the Spirit as the wind completely fills the sails of a boat and empowers and directs it. (Rom.8:6-8)
3. We are warned not be drunk with wine or things that temporarily satisfy our appetites, but to filled with the Spirit. (Eph. 5: 18)
4. We are directed to let the Spirit's overflow all other aspects of our lives. (John 7:37,38)
5. Each day and every moment requires a new filling of the Spirit's control as Peter was filled with the Spirit repeatedly. (Acts 2:4,4:6, 4:31) No Christian can reach their potential without the filling of the Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:18)
6. The Spirit's filling is necessary to gain in wisdom, knowledge and insight. (Rom.12: 1,2) We must confess our sins and let Him cleanse us from all unrighteousness to be filled with the Spirit. (I Jn. 1 :9)
7. The Spirit cannot illuminate our minds, warms our hearts, clean our consciences or motivate us until we yield all controls to Him. (Luke 9:23,24)
8. We need to fellowship with other believers to stay refined. (Heb. 10:24,25)
What Are the Specific Conditions For Being Filled by the Spirit?
1. Asking the Lord for forgivness of our sins of commission, omission, disposition and predisposition (Acts 2:38) "Repent and be baptized... for the remission of sins and you will receive the Holy Ghost." Sonship - Gal 4:6 - "Because you are sons, God has sent us the Spirit of His Son into your hearts." Desire. John
2. Have a desire for the Spirit's filling and control - John 7:37-39, "If anyone thirsts let him drink. Isa. 44:3
3. Have great Faith. "The Spirit is given to all those who believe." Gal. 3: 13,14 Obedience. Acts 5 :32. "He gives the Holy Ghost to those who obey Him. "
4. Be wiling to wait on the Lord's timing Luke 24:49, Acts 1 :4, "Wait for the promise of the Father." Do not be in a hurry. Prayer. Luke 11: 13, "The Holy Spirit is given to those who ask the Father for Him."
Results of Being Filled With All of the Spirit's Power
1. Power to witness to those who need salvation. (Acts 1 :8)
3. You will be able to live a life that is more pleasing to the Lord. (Phil. 1:9-ll)
4. You will be able to live a more holy life. (I Pet. 1:15,16)
5. You will be able to have greater discernment (Heb. 5:14)
6. You will be more fruitful. (John 15:16)
7. You will have more love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. (Gal. 5:22,23)
8. You will be able to overcome your feelings of anger, lust, jealousy, envy, carnality, selfishness, complacency, apathy, idolatry, strife, divisions, tribalism, nepotism, suspicions, indecency or inappropriate behavior or speech. (Gal. 5: 19-21)
9. You will be able to know the Lord in a greater way and fully experience His power, perspective and love. (Matt. 5:6-8)
10. You will have a greater love for others. (John 13:34,35)
Why Are Many Not Experiencing the Fullness of the Spirit's Power?
1. Many are not willing to deny themselves, take up their cross and follow Jesus in all aspects of life. (Luke 9:23-30)
2. Many are more interested in their own problems than in having the attitude which was in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 2:3-5)
3. Many have not understood the resources that are available to them in the Spirit. (Phil. 2: 1,2)
4. Many are afraid to give up their own comforts and offer themselves as a living sacrifice to the Lord. (Rom. 12)
5. Many are afraid to witness. (Rom. 1: 16)
6. Many are afraid to trust and obey the Lord in all things. (John 14:21)
7. Many have not disciplined themselves for the purpose of Godliness. (I Tim. 4:7,8)
8. Many fall prey to the worries, riches and pleasures of this life. (Gal . 5: 19-21)
9. Many are more earthly minded than they are guided by eternal values. (Col. 3: 1-4)