Summary: Key Verse: John 15:7, “If you abide in me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.”
How to Get Your Prayers Answered
Key Verse: John 15:7, “If you abide in me, and My words abide in you, you will ask
what you desire, and it shall be done for you.”
What are some reasons why we sometimes don’t get our prayers answered?
1. You do not ask, so you do not receive.
2. We sometimes fail to ask specifically for what we need.
3. We sometimes hold secret sins in our hearts.
4. Some fail to walk in the Spirit.
5. We sometimes fail to meet the conditions to get prayers answered (Phil. 4:6-7).
6. We sometimes fail to persist in asking for our needs.
7. We sometimes fail to believe God’s promises.
8. We sometimes become bitter and resentful towards others.
9. Some constantly are comparing themselves to others.
10. Some do not pray in love and obedience.
11. Some are consumed in selfish interests.
12. Some pray without a submissive heart.
13. Some pray purely out of their own emotion and mood.
14. Some pray just so others can hear and be impressed.
15. Sometimes we pray passively expecting God to do all of the work.
16. Sometimes we pray without acknowledging God’s will in the matter of concern.
17. Sometimes we spend to much time asking for things instead of thanking Him for what we already have.
18. Sometimes we fail to walk in a way that honors God.
19. Some pray without confidence.
20. Some pray without peace in their hearts.
21. Some pray with only family members.
22. Some pray for those only in their immediate areas.
What are some reasons why we do get our prayers answered?
1. Some are willing to ask God to cleanse them from all unrighteousness before praying about their needs.
2. Some walk in the Spirit and so are pleasing to God.
3. Some have a prayer list where they specifically record their requests and the answers to their prayers.
4. Jesus said, "If you abide in Me and my word abides in you ask whatever you wish and it will be done.
5. Jesus said, "Keep on asking, keep on seeking and keep on knocking and the door will be open to you."
6. Jesus said, "He who believes in Me the works that I do will He do also and greater works than these will He do because I go to the Father.”
7. Some are willing to fulfill all of the conditions of answers to prayer.
8. Some are willing to endure the difficulties and refuse to get discouraged or frustrated until God answers.
9. Some put away their bitterness and let God’s sovereign will work all things together for good.
10. Some are willing to follow Jesus regardless of what others seem to achieve or receive.
11. Some are willing to pray with love and obedience as their chief motives.
12. Some pray with God’s glory and will in mind.
13. Some pray with an open heart allowing God to do whatever He wants in His time.
14. Some pray giving all controls over to the Lord.
15. Some pray with their Christ like mind controlling their thoughts, attitudes and emotions.
16. Some pray with a willingness to obey God in all things while relying on His sovereignty.
17. Some pray with a full understanding of what the scriptures say on that particular issue.
18. Some balance their time in prayer between praising, thanking, confessing and petitioning God.