Summary: Dealing with temptation in daily life.
HOW TO HANDLE TEMPTATION
Introduction: An EXAMPLE of Temptation; How JESUS handled it.
I. THE FACT OF TEMPTATION.
A. Its Nature: Two ways the word "tempt" is used in the Bible.
C. Its Explanation: Why are we so easily tempted?
· "I am... sold as a slave to sin...what I hate I do...it is sin living in me...that is, in my sinful nature...the evil I do not want to do this I keep on doing… it is no longer I who does it, but it is sin living in me that does it." (Romans 7 (quickview)  :14-20; James 1:14 (quickview) )
D. Its Danger; What's the big deal, if it happens to everybody?
II. THE NATURE OF TEMPTATION.
· "The lust of the flesh" - an appeal to fleshly needs and desires;
· "The lust of the eyes" - an appreciation of & desire for beauty;
· "The pride of life" - an attitude of arrogance and inflated self-worth.
B. The Method of approach by which temptation comes is different for each person and circumstance.
III. HELP IN TIMES OF TEMPTATION.
A. Resolve to be pure.
· Settle the matter of your allegiance. Who is your Master?
B. Resist the temptation.
· Fight the first impulse.
· Reject the evil thought before it becomes an evil deed.
C. Rely on God's strength.