Summary: Outline with Scripture to help the church go forward. Used as a prayer reminder.
HOW TO HAVE A GODLY SEARCH FOR YOUR NEW PASTOR
THREE ESSENTIALS FROM GOD’S WORD:
1. BE PRAYERFUL:
During this time of transition, nothing is more important than pouring out your prayers to the Lord.
James 1:5 - “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”
1 Thessalonians 5:17 - “Pray without ceasing.”
6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7. and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
2. BE PATIENT:
This process normally takes months. Don’t get in a hurry. It’s one of the easiest ways to go wrong in this process.
Psalm 27:14 - “Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!”
3. BE PEACEABLE:
17. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
18. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
3. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
4. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
5. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.