Summary: God doesn't live in our time zone, there is no time with Him. God's time is "NOW. Do you live in God's "NOW" or in your own time zone.
(Message can be viewed on www.gwafamily.com)
(On youtube "The Time You Have" (In JellyBeans)
VIDEO – JELLY BEAN
CUE – END OF CONNECT CARD
ILL: JAR OF Jelly Bean - 1150
A. Average person has 28,835 jelly beans representing their days of life.
1. It’s amazing how quickly it dwindles down to ONE.
HOW’S YOUR NOW TIME BEEN?
B. When I say NOW time, I mean GOD’S TIME.
1. We think it’s OUR TIME, working, cooking, etc.
2. But it’s really all GOD’S TIME
3. Since He’s the one who created time, WE ARE ON HIS TIME CLOCK.
BUT CAN THE NOW BECOME BORING AND OLD?
ILL: Last night at a wedding:
"I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with you"
C. When we don’t see GOD’s NOW TIME being that important.
1. We can get catch up in LIFE’s RAT RACE.
2. CHILDREN become a BURDEN.
3. After 15, 20, 35, MARRIAGE becomes UNFULFILLED.
4. JOB And SCHOOL – you can’t wait to BREAK OUT.
D. NOW TIME is GOD TIME. - God’s time is all the time.
GOD WANTS NOW TIME TO BE NEW ALL THE TIME.
ILL: (Change letter from NOW to NEW)
D. It’s amazing what 1 LETTER will do.
1. It doesn’t only CHANGE THE WORD BUT THE MEANING.
ILL: New - car smell – (car lot and smell the new cars. Just Kidding)
- NEW – FRESH - NEW WHITE SOCK
2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT)
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
2. With God NOTHING BECOMES OLD…ALL THINGS BECOME NEW.
Lamentations 3:22-23 (MSG)
GOD's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness!
We need our NOW to be NEW to be PRODUCTIVE FOR GOD.
ILL: (Bring “O” back, so we can focus on “NOW”)
The way you keep NOW NEW, is HOW YOU:
ILL: (Bring out the letter K)
A. The Apostle Paul – before he became a CHRIST-FOLLOWER.
1. His name was SAUL and He was a Pharisee.
2. He KNEW OF GOD, but he didn’t really didn’t KNOW HIM
ILL: (Story of SAUL TO PAUL) - Fall off horse - BLIND
B. Paul went from a RELIGIOUS attitude of KNOWING ABOUT GOD.
1. To a RELATIONSHIP of PERSONALLY KNOWING GOD
HOW CAN YOU KEEP YOUR NOW NEW?
If you KNOW when to say:
ILL: (Pull “K” & “W” away)
A. We have to learn to SAY NO to the things that God doesn’t have for us.
1. It’s when you say NO that keeps the NOW NEW.
ILL: (IMAG) Bible vs Remote
If you’re not saying NO then you’re not in the NOW.
It’s not just saying NO to things but it’s saying YES to GOD.
NO to the overtime and YES to getting to church on SUNDAY with your family.
NO to sin and YES to God.
ILL: (Story of JOB)
Job 31:1 (NIV)
"I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl.
Job 31:1 (MSG)
"I made a solemn pact with myself never to undress a girl with my eyes.
JOB – When he said NO he became GREATER then his BEGGINNING
ILL: LOT’s WIFE looked back – her heart clinging to the world