14. Share Christ, the gospel or the plan of salvation with the heads of the area first. Ask the Lord to lead you to receptive heads of families that are willing to participate withyou in the pla nting and the growing of a new fellowship.
15. While you are meeting in someone's home begin to look for a plot of ground or a hall where you can begin to develop your new sanctuary. Consider meeting in a primary school or another suitable place as your congregation grows. Contact important people in the community to help you in whatever it takes to give your church a sense of permanence.
16. Consistently preach the truth of Matthew 16:18 where Jesus said, "I will build my church and the gates of hell (all opposing forces) will not prevail against it." Let everyone know that you are not building your own kingdom, but God is using you to build His kingdom and righteousness.
17. Begin by teaching the people about the attributes of God, the creation and His purposes for all mankind. Teach people how the root problems of the whole human race are linked to the problems of sin, ignorance and disobedience to God's will, and the lack of spiritual maturity. Proceed through in the scriptures to the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. As your members are growing lead them on to a study of the epistles and the 2~. principles and practices of Paul's missions.
18. Disciple people who can become your elders. It may be necessary to train them through guidebooks like Concepts of Maturity published by Campus Crusade for Christ or Design for Discipleship by the Navigators. Meet regularly for prayer, encouragement and 27. the study of the scriptures in small fellowships that can meet the needs of a whole person. As certain faithful people emerge as leaders consider sending some of them to study in a theological school.
19. Help evangelize the entire area by using films, music, puppets, home visits, videos, literature ministries, phone ministries, social events, drama, children's ministries, men and women's events.
20. Seek to help your members grow through the following stages of spiritual ministry maturity: Comers, growers, developers, disciplers, leaders, reproducers, multipliers.
21. Enlist a mother church along with several key advisers to assist you with material, personnel, curriculum, finances, evangelism, discipleship, credibility establishing events, communications, connections, and even legal means.
22. Develop a prayer letter that can be sent and updated regularly to people who are willing to support your effort with fervent prayer. (James 5:16) Give good feedback to people through email to individuals who are willing to distribute your requests to people who are faithful to pray.
23. After you have a number of seed families worshipping together with you begin a membership training class. Give numerous responsibilities to leaders in your church to give people a mutual sense of shared goals, friendships and services.
24. Administrate your new congregation using the basic principles of management: Plan, organize, lead, delegate, give assignments, supervise, give feedback, and evaluate. Ask the Lord for the abilities to find people who have the gifts of administration to help lead the church through a plurality of Godly leaders.
25. Take several of your converts with you in the community to do evangelism and follow-up visits with people who are connected to people in the church. 90% of the people who join a church do so as a result of connections with a friend or a family member.
26. Develop several groups in your fellowship to be responsible for various functions in and outside the church. These groups may include: youth groups, men's groups, women's group, Sunday School groups, adult groups, evangelism teams, worship teams, music teams etc.
27. After your church has grown to 300 plus begin to utilize seed family in your church to begin a daughter fellowship. Freely we have received, freely give.
28. Enlist the assistance of certain organizations, theological schools or mission groups that may provide you with people who are specialists at various stages of planting and growing churches.
29. Follow the patterns of Paul the apostle in planting, growing and multiplying both rural and urban churches. Ask the Lord for the ability to be led in a Spirit controlled way despite the obstacles along the way. God's will done in God's way will not lack support.
30. Occasionally submit reports to those who are supervising your ministries for refinement purposes. Be open to learning from anyone about how the Lord will plant and grow your church its own unique way. God will find a way when there seems to be no way.