Summary: • How do we go about achieving all that God has for us in this New Year? • What must I do as a Christian to be able to partake in these blessings? How do I in the midst of all that I am going though see the light of God? • The Lord desires that we serv
• Divine in 2009. We discussed last week that God is bringing change, expansion, new levels and extreme favor in 2009.
• How do we go about achieving all that God has for us in this New Year?
• What must I do as a Christian to be able to partake in these blessings? How do I in the midst of all that I am going though see the light of God?
• The Lord desires that we serve Him for as long as we live. Even in old age, believers have the privilege of obeying God and ministering to other people.
• This one of the 1st steps in receiving the blessing, expansion, change, new levels and extreme faith in your life.
• So let’s consider some attitudes and actions that keep Christians productive, fruitful and young at heart.
(NKJV) Psalm 92 12 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. 13 Those who are planted in the house of the LORD Shall flourish in the courts of our God. 14 They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing, 15 To declare that the LORD is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
(AMP) Psalm 92 12The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall flourish like the palm tree [be long-lived, stately, upright, useful, and fruitful]; they shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon [majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible]. 13Planted in the house of the Lord, they shall flourish in the courts of our God. 14[Growing in grace] they shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap [of spiritual vitality] and [rich in the] verdure [of trust, love, and contentment]. 15[They are living memorials] to show that the Lord is upright and faithful to His promises; He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
1) What qualities does a Godly person possess?
a) Shout… Jesus I want to possess your qualities. Help me today!
b) In Psalm 92, God compares a righteous person to two types of trees considered valuable in the Middle East.
i) The date palm grows about 90 feet tall and produces abundant fruit. It is long-lived, stately, upright, useful, and fruitful. This should describe our life as a Christian.
ii) The cedar of Lebanon is resistant to weather and termite damage. This tree was used to build palaces and temples. The cedar is majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible. Is this a description of our life?
c) What else characterizes a Godly person?
i) They flourish in the courts of our God (Ps. 92:13). In other words, he or she enjoys a close relationship with the Father.
ii) The person [yields] fruit in old age (v. 14). Growing Christians serve the Lord all their days and yield a harvest.
iii) They shall be full of sap and of spiritual vitality (v. 14). Believers should actively and creatively serve the Lord.
2) How do we stay youthful and fruitful in 2009?
a) Shout…Jesus reveal your plans for me to stay youthful and fruitful this year.
b) Keep learning. Acquiring new skills or knowledge stimulates our minds. Most importantly, we should continue learning more about God through studying and meditation on His Word.
i) This means that we need to change things in our life once God shows us through His Word or the Holy Spirit.
ii) When we learn something new, we have expanded our capacity for God to fill us with more. New levels come when we seek Him.
c) Keep loving. We are to love the Lord your God and other people, especially believers.
(NKJV) Deuteronomy 6 5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
i) God has made it clear…you shall love. No love, no blessing, no love, no expansion, it gets cut off.
(1) Last week I said that we must check our heart condition daily. He will not bless a mess. Our hearts must be focused on Him and we will see new levels and extreme favor.
(NKJV) James 1 12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
ii) When you keep loving, you keep living and your rewards become heavenly. Strive to love in every test and trial.
d) Keep laughing. Laughter relaxes your body and helps release tension. A healthy sense of humor gives us a sense of vitality.
(NKJV) Proverbs 17 22 A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.
i) Lighten up and don’t take your life so seriously. Laugh a little.