Summary: Looking at the handwriting on the wall found in Daniel 5.
HOW WILL YOU WEIGH ON GOD’S SCALES?
* Going to the doctor and getting the news about my
age and weight.
* Belshazzar is the leader of Babylon - his father,
Nabonidas is holed up in Ninevah - while the
Persians are beseiging the city.
I. INVESTIGATION OF THE SITUATION... vv. 1-24
A. AN UNAWARE GATHERING:
B. AN UNEXPECTED INTRUDER:
1. NOT A PROPHET.
2. NOT A BOOK.
3. A VISION UNLIKE ANY OTHER.
C. A UNIQUE MESSAGE:
1. MENE [numbered] his kingdom was through.
2. TEKEL [weighed] weighed in the balances.
3. UPHARSIN [divided] among the Medes and
II. APPLICATION... vv. 25-31
A. LIFE IS UNCERTAIN:
years; And if by reason of strength they are eighty
years, Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; For
it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
B. DEATH IS SURE:
we may gain a heart of wisdom.
C. JUDGMENT IS COMING:
* Heb. 9:27 - And as it is appointed for men to die
once,but after this the judgment,
* 1 Cor. 3:11ff - read aloud and explain.