Summary: Nothing catches God by surprise.
Note: The Bible by Jesus will be used throughout this lesson unless otherwise noted after each Bible reference.
A. INTRODUCTION: I AM ETERNAL
1. I was existing when everything began. “I am God the Son, who is from the beginning” (John 1:1). “I created everything” (Heb. 1:2).
2. Eternity means unending duration, i.e., without beginning or ending. “I existed before everything was created” (Col. 1:15).
3. I began time and space. “Time is the duration between events.” Space is the distance between objects.
4. Everlasting means beginning now, no ending. “Whosoever believeth in him . . . have everlasting life” (John 3:16, KJV).
5. I am not limited by time. El Olam means I am not limited by time (Gen. 1:33).
B. I AM TRINITY
“The Trinity is one God in three persons. “May My grace be with you, and love from the Father and fellowship of the Holy Spirit” (2 Cor. 13:14).
1. I exist eternally and equally as a Person with the Father and the Holy Spirit, yet We are one. The LORD our God is one LORD” (Deut. 6:4, KJV).
2. The Trinity is separate in persons but equal in nature, yet submissive in duties. “I was face to face with God throughout eternity” (John 1:1).
3. My Father sent me, 42 times in John.
4. I sent the Holy Spirit. “I will send you the Holy Spirit” (John 15:26).
C. MY VIRGIN CONCEPTION
1. First predicted. “I will cause hostility between your seed (Eve) and the serpent” (Gen. 3:15).
2. Fully predicted. “The virgin will conceive a child, and give birth to a son” (Is. 7:15).
3. Promised to Mary. “The Holy Spirit will come on you and you will conceive and deliver a Son . . . call His name Jesus” (Luke 1:35).
4. Assurance to Joseph. “She has conceived a son through the Holy Spirit” (Matt. 1:20).
5. Above criticism. “He did not have sexual relations until her son was born” (Matt. 1:25).
6. Step brothers. “We know Mary, His mother, and His brothers” (Matt. 13:55).
D. MY MIRACULOUS BIRTH
1. Humble. “I was born in a stable because there was no room in any of the inns” (Luke 2:6).
2. Divine visitation. “Suddenly, the angel was joined by a gigantic angelic choir praising God” (Luke 2:13).
3. Divine encounter. “My parents and I went to the temple . . . as required by Moses” (Luke 2:21). “The Lord has revealed to Simeon that he would see (Me) . . . took Me in his arms and blessed Me” (Luke 2:28).
E. MY GROWTH YEARS
1. My growth was both natural and divinely planned. “I grew up healthy and strong and was filled with wisdom” (Luke 2:40).
2. I grew in all areas, i.e., intellect, physical, spiritual, and human relations. “I grew in mental ability and physical strength, and was respected by God and man” (Luke 2:52).
3. I learned obedience. “I returned to Nazareth with them (parents) and was under authority to them” (Luke 2:51). “Even though I was God the Father’s Son, I learned obedience from the things I suffered” (Heb. 5:8).
4. I was at home in My Father’s house. “I went with my parents to Jerusalem when I was twelve years old (Bar Mitzvah)” (Luke 2:41).
5. My priority. “Didn’t you know that I had to be about My heavenly Father’s business” (Luke 2:49).
6. Most often repeated phrase, “My Father”.
F. TO TAKE AWAY
1. Nothing caught God by surprise.
2. We shouldn’t be surprised because much of His life was predicted.
3. To see what God would do if He was human, look at Jesus.
4. We should be overwhelmed because Jesus did this for me.
5. Since Jesus gave up all for me, how can I do less for Him? “Give your body to God the Father because of all I’ve done for you” (Rom. 12:1).
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, and rose again the third day. I repent of my sins. By faith I receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior. You promised to save me, and I believe You, because You are God and cannot lie. I believe right now that the Lord Jesus is my personal Savior, and that all my sins are forgiven through His precious blood. I thank You, dear Lord, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, God heard you and saved you. I personally want to welcome you to the family of God and rejoice with you.