Summary: David cant trust his family, his king, his self, but he can trust God.
“I Can Trust God” Psalm 25:1-10
• David could not Trust His wife she rebukes for religious enthusiasm, Michal came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, disrobing in the sight of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"
• His son Absalom tried overthrow his Fathers Kingdom and become Israel King
• His King he could not trust King Saul The Scriptures say, “8Saul was very angry;. "They have credited David with tens of thousands," he thought, "but me thousands. 9And from that time on Saul kept a jealous eye on David.
• David could not even trust His self-Commits adultery with Bathsheba (2Sa 11:2-5). Wickedly causes the death of Uriah (2Sa 11:6-25). Takes Bathsheba to be his wife (2Sa 11:26-27). Is rebuked by the prophet Nathan
1. David Trusts God so David lifts his soul unto God “ToA you, O LORD, I lift up my soul”
• David is lifting his Humanity His passion his emotions to God.
• When God breath into Adam he became a living soul a life alive
• David once protected his own soul but now his soul is in Gods hand so He lifts He grants it to God
2. David Trusts God not his great armies. His Faith, His belief, His confidence is ultimately in God not in the armies he commands or their strength but in God 2in you I trust, O my God.
• David understand his trust as this He himself is Powerless against the foes of life David is like Asa who said the following 11Then Asa called to the LORD his God and said, "LORD, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, O LORD our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army. O LORD, you are our God;." 12The LORD struck down the Cushites before Asa and Judah. The Cushites fled,
• David knows others have trusted God and he considers there outcome
• Noah Trusted God and he built a ship Noah, in building the ark (Ge 6:14-22; Heb 11:7).
• Abraham trusted God and became the Father of many nations Abraham, left the land of his birth at the command of God (Ge 12:1-4; Heb 11:8),
3. David Trusts God so he waits for His renewal consider the word of the Prophet Isaiah
• 31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
• Jesus renews us He said the following “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water I will renew you
• Paul claims God restarts you Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.
4. David Trust God because of what God does not allow
• God does not allow David to be put to shame (meaning here to encounter disgrace, humiliations, dishonors) nor let my enemies triumph over me.
5. David Trusts God with his learning 4Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; 5guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
• David knows to learn from God is beneficial 12And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13and to observe the LORD's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?
• David recognizes the Teaching of God are Life and Death scenarios15See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. 16For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
6. David Trust God because God Remembers Him
The Scripture says, but remembers God has not forgot 6Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old
David trusts God because God forgives 7Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; for you are good, O LORD.
David again trusts God for instruction 8Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. 9
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
David Remember no doubt 10All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful