Summary: Jesus did it for you, he walked Calvary’s road to bring a cure.
Comments from those who are diagnosed with MS:
Skating in thin Ice
"When I coach my son’s hockey team, it’s hard for me to put one skate in front of the others. But, I persevere because MS won’t stop me from being a dad and taking care of my family."
- Eric, diagnosed in 2004
"Every day is different with multiple sclerosis. I never know if my body and mind will prevent me from living the life I want to live. I’ll never stop rolling on."
- Jason, diagnosed in 2002
"It’s hard for me to keep track of all of the things going on in my life. I choose to face this disease with strength, dignity and lots of sticky notes."
- Fotini, diagnosed in 2007
Fighting For My Future
"Multiple sclerosis, I am in my prime and I won’t bow to your demands. I may not be the young girl I was when I met you, but let me tell you, this shrew will never be tamed. I won’t quit."
- Imani, diagnose
Uprooted My Life
"MS has been trying to stop me in my tracks for nearly 40 years, but I never give up. When life doesn’t go as planned, I dig my wheels into the dirt and plow and plant."
- Martha, diagnosed in 1973 in 2006, Society Presidential Recipient
"Multiple sclerosis has stolen too many things from me, but it cannot take away my spirit, strength or dignity."
- Rick, diagnosed in 1991
I did it for you
Luke 22:19And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."
Some of our youth leaders and adults walked for a cure for MS at the Greenbrier last Sunday. Things I noticed as we walked
- Some walked very fast some very slow
- Some walked with laughter some walked complaining
- Some walked as an adult some walked as a child
- Some carried there stuff and some helped carry others stuff
What did we gain for Walking?
- We gained fellowship as we walked
- We gained Friendships greater
- We gained Hope that maybe that money will be enough to discover the cure
Why we Walked and Why you gave?
- We Walked for a Cure because we have compassion for others.
- We Walked for a Cure because we have passion, drive and commitment to succeed.
- We Walked to raise awareness for a disease that strikes individuals in the prime of their life.
- We Walked because It’s about doing more than you have to in life, to make someone else’s life that much better.
- We Walked because it’s about people. It’s about your community, your neighbors, your family and your friends.
1. Jesus did it for You. Jesus walked to Calvary for A Cure because of His Compassion
- Isaiah says his compassion is like a shepherd
- 11He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
2. Jesus did it for you he Walked to Calvary for a Cure because He was Committed
- Remember the Garden of Gethsemane
- , "Lord if it be thy will let this cup pass from me, but nevertheless not my will but thine will be done.
- He steadfastly set his face towards Jerusalem or the cross Luke 9:53