Summary: Purpose: To illustrate God
I know my redeemer liveth
25. For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth;
26. And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God,
27. Whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
The book of Job is acknowledged by most as the oldest book of the bible. The author is unknown, place of origin is land of UZ, (Middle East)
Purpose: To illustrate God’s absolute power over the affairs of the world and to people everywhere to trust in his goodness and mercy especially those found in midst of suffering.
Key word – Sovereignty
Explore the Word Redeemer:
Kinsman, revenge, to redeem
1. To act as a kinsman-redeemer- do the part of the next of kin:
• Marry brothers widow to beget a child for his name
• To redeem from slavery
• Redeem land
• To Exact vengeance
• To redeem by payment
• To redeem with God as subject
• Redeem individuals from death
• Redeem from bondage and exile
• Redeem from sin, sickness and infirmities
To be Redeemed
I. For I know my redeemer liveth
From the book of job we realize that there is a malignant force of Satan causing suffering in our human life. We must realize that god has a divine plan to perfect our character through suffering.
1. How did Job know?
Job was under special prophetic anointing of the Holy Spirit to send you and I the word of God for the future from the past.
2. What did he know?
He knew his redeemer liveth and would stand (future) on the earth. So that great truths may be known by believers today.
3. Perhaps there is duo meaning in this passage
a. Did Job understand-referring to the future, about the resurrection off the body- redemption of the human race by Jesus Christ?
b. Did he also see his restoration to health, family, comforts, general prosperity after his present trial ended?
c. Apparently both are correct- For he was restored to health, healed and prosperous again and the human race stands to be redeemed by Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:19 Word of prophecy
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; where unto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts
I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.
Joy is saying I have a firm and full persuasion that my redeemer, my goali, kinsman has the right to redeem, the forfeited heritages belonging to the family, vindicate its honor, and avenge the death of relatives.
But it must refer to Christ, who truly has the right to redemption being the same kindred, who was born of woman, flesh of flesh and bone of our bones.
Jesus the holy one of Israel has the keys of death, hell and the grave, and is the creator of the spirit of life and flesh in all things.
He shall stand in latter day with judgment in his hand.
Romans 8:28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
2 Cor. 5:1
1 ¶ For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 Tim: 1:12
12. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
2. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
14. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
24. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
Trust in the Lord Redeemer:
Job Said In Job 13:15
15. Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.