Summary: The sermon shares some musts we must do for growth in church and for our selves. The apostles must was "preach" what is your "must in life"?
1 Corinthians 9:16-23 "I Must"
1. Paul makes it clear That He Must Preach not to Baptize
• 1 Corinthians 1:17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel
2. Paul relates the importance of Preaching
A. Preaching saves souls 1 Corinthians 1:21God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe
B. Preaching does not rest on eloquence or human wisdom
C. Preaching rests upon the content of the Proclamation
The content is the Cross of Christ,
Vs. 23but we preach Christ crucified:
3. Paul say s I must Preach it is out of Necessity
1 Corinthians: 9 I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!
A. The Lord told Ananias ! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel.
B. Paul told King Agrippa I was going to Damascus's I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, ,' the Lord replied. 16`Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me. I am sending you to them 18to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins19"So then, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven.
C. Jeremiah knew what it was like to preach out of necessity Jeremiah 20:9But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
D. Paul preached out of necessity because of woe is me if I don't vs. 16: Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! Paul believes he will be miserable
4. Preaching Involved for Paul is I must Become
Take note how many times Paul mentions this:
• 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews.
• To those under the law I became like one under the law so as to win those under the law. .
• 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law so as to win those not having the law.
• 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak.
• I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.
A. I Must Become Faithful I must build an Ark to save my Family
B. I must allow the Word to Become a Lamp unto my feet
C. I must become one who hungers and thirst after righteousness and I will be filled
D. I must Become strong and courageous for I know as God was with Moses so shall God be with me
E. I must become a light unto the world a city set on a hill that can not be hidden but that light gives light to everyone in the house
F. I must become full that others will be full
Eph 4:13 Paul claims he must attain the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
I must become filled with love because God so loved
G. “I must today to for that day" Martin Luther said, "I must be
Prepared today for that day".