Summary: Teaching how to live for God
1. An indispensable tool, you can’t live without it.
2. An inspired tool, (inspired means God influenced), it gives you God’s life (2 Tim. 3:16).
3. A complete book, it tells all the truth you need to know to be saved, to live for God, and to get ready for heaven (Rev. 22:19).
5. A book from God (2 Peter 2:20-21), it comes from God to tell us who He is, and what He does and how humans can go live with Him after death.
6. A perfect book (Ps. 18:30).
7. A book that can be understood. “The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living” (Ps. 18:8).
B. THE BIBLE TEACHES HOW TO LIVE
1. Points the reader to Christ. “Search the scriptures . . . they testify of Me” (John 5:39).
2. Tells them the truth. “Thy word is truth” (John 17:17). Truth is that which is consistent with itself, and truth perfectly corresponds or represents life as it is. You cannot add to truth, take away from it, or change it. “The word cannot be altered” (John 10:35).
3. Tells you what not to do (how not to live). The Ten Commandments.
4. Tells you what will happen after death. “Each person is destined to die once, and after that the judgment (Heb. 9:27, NLT). “Wages of sin is death (second death, Romans 6:23).
5. Will keep you from sin. “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against You” (Ps. 119:11). “The Bible pierces through the intellect and plays directly upon the heart.” ~Arnold Toynbee
? Cleanses your conscience (John 15:8).
? Gives you joy (John 15:11).
? Corrects wrong belief and living (2 Tim. 3:16), and produces a hedge against sin (Heb. 4:12).
6. Will give you faith and ability to trust God. “Faith comes by . . . the word of God” (Rom. 10:17).
7. Will grow you in Christ.
a. Seeds to grow. “He that receives seed . . . hears the word of God” (Matt. 13:23).
b. Milk. “As newborn babes desire the sincere milk of the word that you may grow” (1 Peter 2:2).
c. Maturity. “Let us go on and become mature . . . tasting the goodness of the Word of God” (Heb. 6:1, 5).
d. Eating. “Your words were found and I did eat them” (Jer. 15:16).
e. Meat. “You are like babies who need milk . . . but meat is for mature believers” (Heb. 5:11-12, ELT).
f. Protein. “I am the living bread” (John 6:51).
g. Satisfaction (dessert). “The law of the Lord . . . sweeter than honey” (Ps. 19:10).
8. God speaks to you through the word. “Scripture . . . came from . . . Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:20-21). “The Bible is the voice of the Holy Spirit” ~Chiang Kai Shek
9. Will make you successful. “Study this book of instruction, continually meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do” (Joshua 1:2). What is success?
10. Will become like the writer. The Bible is a mirror that reveals our inner person and Christ (James 1:20-25). “We with open face look into a mirror to see the glory of God. We are then changed into that image from glory to glory by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Cor. 3:18, ELT).
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, and rose again the third day. I repent of my sins. By faith I receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior. You promised to save me, and I believe You, because You are God and cannot lie. I believe right now that the Lord Jesus is my personal Savior, and that all my sins are forgiven through His precious blood. I thank You, dear Lord, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, God heard you and saved you. I personally want to welcome you to the family of God and rejoice with you.
Video presentations of the PBC are available online at trbc.org/pbc
Television Airing Times for the PBC
Go to hopenow.tv for the current program schedule.