Summary: Todays text shares with us that Jesus is always looking, listening, leading, and saving.
“I want to see” Mark 10:46-52 Some thing I noticed in the text
1. Jesus is always looking to help in times of crisis
• I think Jesus when he left Jericho he was looking for Blind Bartimaous 46 They came to Jericho. As he and his disciples and a large crowd were leaving Jericho,
• Jesus is always looking for blinded hearts
• Jesus looks in the most saddened places Jesus looks in the locations of hurt
2. Jesus is always listening Jesus listens to the cry of the needy
• Jesus must have heard the blind man begging 49Jesus stood still and said, ‘Call him here.’
• Some years ago in a small village in the Midwest, a little twelve-year old girl named Terri was babysitting her little brother. Terri walked outside to check the mail. As she turned back from the mailbox, she couldn't believe her eyes. The house was on fire. So very quickly the little house was enveloped in flames.
Terri ran as fast as she could into the flaming house only to find her baby brother trapped by a burning rafter which had fallen and pinned him to the floor. Hurriedly, Terri worked to free her brother. She had trouble getting him loose as the flames were dancing around their heads. Finally, she freed him. She picked him up and quickly took him outside and revived him just as the roof of the house caved in.
By this time, firemen were on the scene and the neighbors had gathered outside the smoldering remains of the house. The neighbors had been too frightened to go inside or to do anything to help, and they were tremendously impressed with the courage of the twelve-year old girl. They congratulated her for her heroic efforts and said, "Terri, you are so very brave. Weren't you scared? What were you thinking about when you ran into the burning house?" I love Terri's answer. She said, "I wasn't thinking about anything. I just heard my little brother crying."
3. Jesus is always leading when the opportunities arise He leads the way to the beginning of healing
• 49Jesus stood still and said, ‘Call him here.’ He leads like a shepherd leads a flock
4. Jesus always loves to save the lost Note one of the things that caused Jesus to help the blind man was
his love and his compassion The blind man said to him, ‘My teacher, let me see again.’ 52Jesus said to
him,‘Go; your faith has made you well.
5. I noticed that The crowd is saying leave Jesus alone
• Note 48Many sternly ordered him to be quiet, but he cried out even more loudly,
• The crowd is saying leave Jesus alone you don't need anything he has to offer.
6. I also noticed that the blind man named his need and hoped for some resolution vs 51 Jesus said to
him, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ The blind man said to him, ‘My teacher,* let me see again.’
7. I noticed that the blind man took a leap of faith and asked Jesus to heal him.
The blind man said to him, ‘My teacher,* let me see again.’ 52Jesus said to him,
Go; your faith has made you well.’ Immediately he regained his sight and followed him on the way.