Summary: The Greeks desire to see Jesus, but Jesus wants them and us to see:
I want to see Jesus
20Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the Feast. 21They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. "Sir," they said, "we would like to see Jesus."
• Dr. Lane when his baby was born said, "I saw God today"!
• I was watching the news when an 8 year old girl for her birthday party desired everyone to bring donations and gifts, but instead of these gifts and donations be given to her for her birthday she desired these gifts and donations be given to the flood victims in Southern WV. “I seen Jesus"
• I have seen God in UMCOR rushing out with materials that came from dollars given in apportionments. So, I see God in UMC
1. The Greeks want to see Jesus, but Jesus wants them and all to see His Purpose
• 23Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
2. The Greeks want to see Jesus, but Jesus want them to see the Principle of Life according to Christ
• . 24I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies,
it produces many seeds. The kernel must perish as a kernel if there is to be a plant.
3. The Greeks wants to see Jesus, but Jesus wants them to see what really matters.
• 25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
--to concentrate on one's own success--is to lose what matters these are the things matter
• Mt 16:24-25;24Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his lifeH will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.
• This matters if you are really interested on following me then your purpose is to deny self
• This matters if you really are Concerned about following Jesus take up the cross the emblem of suffering
• This matters if you are really determined to follow then your life is not yours but have thine way Lord have thy own way
4. The Greeks want to see Jesus but Jesus wants them to see how to be a true disciple and find honor
• 26Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.
• Jesus desires to see everything we do or say will be what brings Christ honor- Proverbs 20:3It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.
5. The Greeks want to see Jesus, but Jesus wants them to see His Reason
• 27"Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? `Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.
• his reason is for your soul death hell and the graves
Christ’s reason is for our souls, for our death, for our hell, for our grave
6. The Greeks want to see Jesus , but Jesus wants them to see The Triumph of the Cross
• . 31Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."