Summary: 4th part of "A Purpose driven life" series by Pastor Gomez Sr.
When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am??
So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.?
He said to them, ?But who do you say that I am??
Simon Peter answered and said,?You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.?
Jesus answered and said to him, ?Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven".
Revelation of the Church
"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it(or overpower it). And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.?
If you want to know what your purpose is in this life, you must have a full revelation of what the church is in order to accomplish your mission.
#1) Many have the wrong concept of the church. (THE CHURCH IS MORE THAN A MEETING PLACE).
1. it?s THE PILLAR AND FOUNDATION OF THE TRUTH.
2. IT?S THE BODY OF CHRIST.
3. IT?S THE BRIDE OF CHRIST.
4. ITS GOD?S FAMILY. (AND THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT OVERPOWER IT!!)
-Today still many have the wrong concept of the church just like they have the wrong concept of who Jesus is:
- Jesus said; "Who do people say that I am? They said; "Some say john the Baptist, Elijah, Jeremiah or one of the prophets?. Then Js said; "Well who do you say that I am?" you are John the Christ, the son of the living God.
- It?s ok for others to think that Jesus is a prophet or a good man but not you.
- It?s ok for others to think of the church as just a religious place with a bunch of rules but not for you.(YOU ARE PART OF THE CHURCH!)
Today?s topic is; you were formed for God?s family (THE CHURCH IS GOD?S FAMILY)
You are part of God?s special family now, and have many things in common with other believers;
1. God is your heavenly father.(HE IS THE FATHER OF THIS NEW FAMILY YOU HAVE)
* John 1:12 says; "But as many as received Him, to them He gave them the right to become children of God".
- as children of God and Gods special family we are called to keep unity. *Ephesians 4:2 says; "With all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace".
2. This make?s us brothers and sisters.
*1 John 4:21, "And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also".
- Brothers and sisters are faithful to each other and the family. *Galatians 6:10, "While we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and specially to those who are of the household of the faith".
- Forgiving each other.
- Sharing together. A special bond develops as we pray together. Study together; go through good and bad times together.
_We become like the Acts church; *Acts 2:44, "And all those who had believed were together, and had all things in common; and they began selling their property and possessions, and were sharing them with all, as any one might have need. And day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved".