Summary: This message will encourage you to hold on and not give up when life is giving you the pits!
Message By: Dr. Michael L. Woods, Sr.
“When Life has you in the pits-I will not Quit Because of the Pit”
7Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. 8Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. 9Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me. 10Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. 11Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name’s sake: for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble. 12And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant.
Thesis: All of us at one time at another has had to deal with the pit. On many occasions the circumstances of life has placed us in the pit and made us want to give up or quit. As a matter of fact, the devil wants you to give up and quit! However, I would like to submit to you that God has a plan for your pit! So don’t you dare give up or quit; the pit is a temporary inconvenience, preparing you for a permanent change!
A. Pit- Hell; a miserable or depressing situation
B. Pit- (Hebrew) be’er, well or hole. A place of silence, darkness, isolation, separation, seclusion, or solitude.
C. Pit- abyss, chasm, crater, dent, depression, dimple, excavation, grave, gulf, hell, hole, hollow, indentation, mine, perforation, pockmark, pothole, puncture, shaft, tomb, trench, or well.
II. Main Points
A. Verse 7. A place of examination.
1. Examination- An investigation or inspection for the purpose of diagnosis.
2. Genesis 22:1
B. Verse 8. A place of communication (Prayer)
1. Communication- a common union used to exchange thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing, or behavior.
2. Acts 4:31. Proper communication with God will the shake your pit!
C. Verse 8b. A place of direction.
1. The Way- (orach) plan or design I should follow
2. Direction- Management, supervision, or guidance of an action or operation.
D. Verse 9. A place of Excavation.
1. Excavation- to dig out and leave the hole empty through the process of excavating.
2. God is coming to get you!
E. Verse 10 A place of Instruction.
1. Teach me- the Hebrew implication is to be irrigated with instruction as a farmer irrigates his ground.
2. The impartation of knowledge
F. Verse 11- A place of Quickening
1. Quicken- to come or return to life; to come alive again; or to accelerate, or speed up.
2. God can and will restore you again!
A. I will not quit because of the pit.
B. Joseph had a pit.
C. David had a pit.
D. The pit always leads to the palace!
E. The pit is preparing you for your purpose, palace, or your prophetic