Summary: Many are demonised and don’t know that they are. This passage teaches you to identify demons and deliver yourself.
Jesus and His disciples go through a great storm – Mark 4: 38
Jesus was sleeping and woke up and calmed the storm.
When the reached the other side a possessed man runs out.
How to identify if you are demonised
1) Cemetery – Kioman (Greek for put to sleep)
- A Dead Spirit (Spiritually Dead – No Hunger for God’s Word or prayer)
- No Life, No desire for God….
Romans 12:1 – Holy and Living Sacrafice….
2) Burial Tombs – Tumbos (Greek to Burial Chamber)
- A Dark Place (Jesus came to give light, the devil came to give darkness)
- Sin, Evil Thoughts
- Closed to Everyone – Not Friendly, Self Centered, Egoistic
- Pungent Smell – Bad Aroma…Sin and Death. (Jesus Sweet aroma)
- Deep Hurts – Keeps Grudges…Hatred and revenge
3) Could not be restrained
- Rebellious Spirit – never submit to authority
- Critical Spirit – Always finds fault
- Jezebel Spirit – Always wants power and control
- Evil Plots – plans to destroy
- Never takes correction
- Self mutilation or Afflicts self with pain
- Sucide Spirit
- Murder Spirit
How to be set free
1) Look to Jesus – Vs 6
Realise that you need deliverance and look to Jesus
2)Run to Jesus – Vs 6
- Realise that only Jesus can set you free
- Run To Jesus
3) Bow Down Low Before Jesus – Vs 6
- A sense of submission
- Placing everything at Jesus Feet.
4)Testify of what Jesus Has Done – Vs 19
- tell everyone what Jesus has done that He may be glorified