Summary: Most of us know the scripture from Romans 8:31 (KJV) What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? Also from Romans 8:37 (KJV) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. However do we
IF GOD BE FOR US!
Most of us know the scripture from Romans 8:31 (KJV) What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? Also from Romans 8:37 (KJV) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. However do we really believe it, practice it and know how is He for us. In this outline we share some of the 'how to' and 'what'.
I. FIRST KNOW THAT GOD IS FOR YOU. HE IS NOT AGAINST YOU .
II. HE IS GREATER THAT ALL THE FORCES OF THE ENEMY.
III. HE IS IN YOU! 1JOHN 4:4
A. He is greater than the sin question.
1. His blood washes us of all our sin. 1 John 1:7 (KJV) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
2. He never remembers them again. Psalms 103:12
B. He is greater than all sickness. 1Peter 2:24
C. He is greater than the power of the devil.
D. He is great than any mountain or situation in your live. Mark 9:23.
IV. Then If God is for us than the first thing we need is put on the whole THE ARMOR OF GOD!
A. This is what we do. He said 'Put on the full armor of God.
EPH 6:10-17 "Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might.
-11 Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. -12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, -against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. -13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
-14 Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, -15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
-16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one. -17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
A. WE ARE FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT
An elderly preacher is reported to have prayed the following prayer each day: "O Lord, give me a backbone as big as a saw log and ribs like the large timbers under the church floor. Put iron shoes on my feet and galvanized breeches on my body. Give me a rhinoceros hide for skin, and hang up a wagon load of determination in the gable-end of my soul. Help me to sign the contract to fight the devil as long as I've got a tooth, and then gum him until I die."
B. WE NEED TO PUT THE ARMOR ON EACH MORNING DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THERE IS A PROBLEM OR TROUBLE. We need the following.
* THE BELT OF TRUTH!
- John 8:31-32. "Jesus therefore was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
- John 17:17, "Sanctify them in the truth; Thy word is truth."
* THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, FAITH, AND LOVE!
- 1 Thes 5:8, "But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation."
* WE FOLLOW WHAT IS RIGHT INSTEAD OF DESIRE!
- 1 John 3:19-20, "We shall know by this that we are of the truth, and shall assure our heart before Him, in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart, and knows all things."
* WE TRY TO WALK IN GOSPEL OF PEACE!
- Rom 12:18, "If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
* PUT ON THE HELMET OF SALVATION
a. We KNOW who we are in Christ. His salvation is the crown we use until the day he give us the crown of righteousness.
b. The devil may bring doubts. He cannot read our mind but he tries to put thoughts of fear and doubt in our minds. We need to put on the mind of Christ.
-1 Cor 2:16 KJV For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.