Summary: If God was to speak in our common language how and what might God say?
If I was to speak what might I say?--- God Isaiah 61
Advertisements do work The God billboard campaign started 1999 when an anonymous person walked into the Smith Agency in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and said, "I want to market God. “The person paid the Smith agency for the billboards to be put up on route 95 and in various places.
As word about the Florida campaign spread, the idea caught on. Soon the Outdoor Advertising Agency of America made a commitment to put billboards across America. Here's a sample of what they say:
--"Let's Meet At My House Sunday Before The Game -- God."
--"C'mon Over And Bring The Kids -- God."
--"We Need To Talk -- God."
--"Loved The Wedding, Invite Me To The Marriage -- God."
--"That 'Love Thy Neighbor Thing,' I Meant It -- God."
--"Need Directions? -- God."
--"You Think It's Hot Here? -- God."
--"Tell The Kids I Love Them -- God."
--"Need A Marriage Counselor? I'm Available -- God."
--"Have You Read My #1 Bestseller? There Will Be A Test -- God" --"People used to solve their problems by turning to Matthew and John, not Smith and Wesson – God
1. Who or what is Gods Billboards? Isaiah says, “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has
anointed me to preach good news to the poor. Isaiah believes He is Gods Billboard
• you will be my (Billboards) or testifiers witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Note the Lord is On me says Isaiah he does not have choice in the matter We who know Jesus are walking Billboards, The question maybe are we good ones? Are we effective Ones?
2. Effective Billboards are sent by God Hear some things God says. --Note God sent Isaiah to preach good news to the poor. “You Matter”--God --God sent Isaiah to bind, He has sent me to bind or fix up the brokenhearted. Jesus fixed broken lives yesterday and he still fixes the broken lives., “I will direct your steps.”-- God --God has sent Isaiah to be the Billboard of the day to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,A 2to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God --God sent Isaiah to bring comfort all who mourn, , “Don’t Be Afraid I am here”.--God , --God has sent Isaiah to provide, for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. “I see your tears “---God --God sent Isaiah to build. 4They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; “I built the heavens and the earth in six days I can rebuild the that which has been destroyed---God
3. Effective Bill boards send a message. Isaiah claims he has been sent to spread the message God blessed Texas with his hand no Isaiah claims he has been sent to spread the message of Good News "The spirit of the Lord is upon me ... because he has sent me to bring good news"
• ---God has a message for the people anticipating the next Advent ruined cities will be renewed, Isaiah says. Paul shares to those in Corinth “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.” If your hearts heavy I am here”---God ---Isaiah says Hear I have been sent to spread the message Hear the Good News 10I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, ---Isaiah claims God has a message to those living in Hopelessness, bleakness, lowliness, loneliness Consider Some Day,11For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.” I forgive just ask, then praise will spring up” ---God
In conclusion God speaks --"Need Directions? -- God." --"We Need To Talk -- God." —“I forgive just ask”--God