Summary: SEE STUDENT DESCRIPTION FOR MORE DETAILS
“If You Really Knew Me!”
If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.
1. All of us carry within our hearts emotional hurts, wounds and even scars.
2. God's gave us a remedy/prescription to heal all of of inner-hurts and pain and it is the gift of fellowship / relationship.
16 So admit your sins to each other, and pray for each other so that you will be healed. Prayers offered by those who have God's approval are effective.
17 Elijah was human like us. Yet, when he prayed that it wouldn't rain, no rain fell on the ground for three-and-a-half years.
18 Then he prayed again. It rained, and the ground produced crops.
19 My brothers and sisters, if one of you wanders from the truth, someone can bring that person back.
20 Realize that whoever brings a sinner back from the error of his ways will save him from death, and many sins will be forgiven.
3. The church (Which is God's people) is called to be a healing community.
4. A Healing Community For Youth Is A Place Where:
1) Teens share their struggle (confess their fault or need).
2) Teens Reach out with a human hand to offer spiritual support and hel
3) Teens harness the power of prayer.
4) Teens share God's infinite and unlimited love.
Do you find it difficult to talk about your problems, struggles, hurts and spiritual need with others?
Why do you think that is?
Presumption: We are afraid that people will belittle, make fun of us or that we will be embarrassed somehow or look bad.
Group Exercise: Make a circle, have everyone hold hands, ask for volunteers 1 at a time to step to the center of the circle and complete the following sentence.
If You Really Knew Me __________________.
Welcome and receive [to your hearts] one another, then, even as Christ has welcomed and received you, for the glory of God.