Summary: Can you communicate anything of great meaning in a single thought?
One one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand.
ADLET: This cute little name is for those ever so tiny ads---just 5 seconds in length, that marketers can buy from Clear Channel Communications.
- BLINK: As in, if you blink, you’ll miss these 1 and 2 second ads,
- Just goes to show nothing is too insignifcant to have its own name.
- Radio competing with TV for revenue
You can now hear radio ads that are shorter than that.
- ADLETS, are priced at between 18% - 21% of a 60-second ad
- Two-second ads cost about 10% of a 60-second ad
- A Super Bowl XLII 60 sec ad is 6 Million
- Clear Channel Communications, the largest radio company in America, operating some 1,100 stations, is offering time slots for commercials as short as one second.
As of last report, no advertiser has bitten on a slot that minuscule
- Traditionally, radio ads run for 60 seconds each.
But what can you possibly communicate in tiny time periods like that?
More than you think.
- Here, for example, is a two-second ad you might have heard on the radio recently: “The Simpsons — ‘Doh!’ — tonight on Fox.”
- And here is a five-second ad: “‘I’m hearing people’s thoughts.’ (whisper: Heroes on NBC).”
- These are used as an a brand seeking to be refreshed rather than launched
- For example One BLINK for BMW’s Mini Cooper — a horn honked and a man’s voice said “Mini.”
- This ad was placed prior to a miniaturized news report.
- Television is trying the short ads as well.
- There, the usual time slots have been 60, 30 and 15 seconds, with 30 being the most common
- Over the past 18 months, advertisers have been testing shorter ads
- One reason radio is especially interested in these shorter ads is because studies have shown that 13 percent of listeners change the station as soon as a commercial break begins
- Another 20 percent switch channels after hearing one ad.
- If radio can shorten the time devoted to commercials, they should be able to hold listeners longer
- Advertisers will continue to see radio as a viable venue for their ads.
- Making money for radio companies.
- One one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand.
- BIBLICAL ADLET’S and BLINK’S .
- Can you communicate anything of great meaning in an adlet and a blink?
Consider this — :
- Mt 22:37 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind.” Five seconds flat. ADLET length.
Josh 24:15 - BLINK - Choose you this day whom ye will serve
Ps 100:3 - Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture
Mt. 6:33 - BLINK - Seek ye first the kingdom of God
- ELIJAH’S BLINK - 1 K 18:21
- BLINK- How long halt ye between two opinions?
- BLINK - If the Lord be God follow Him
- 1 Kings 18:21NCV
21 Elijah approached the people and said, “How long will you not decide between two choices? If the Lord is the true God, follow him, but if Baal is the true God, follow him!” But the people said nothing.
- 1 Kings 18:21GNT
21Elijah went up to the people and said, “How much longer will it take you to make up your minds? If the Lord is God, worship him; but if Baal is God, worship him!” But the people didn’t say a word.
- 1 Kings 18:21NLT
21 Then Elijah stood in front of them and said, “How much longer will you waver, hobbling between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him! But if Baal is God, then follow him!” But the people were completely silent.
- There Can be but one God
- Mixing different compounds produce deadly reactions
- People’s BLINK
- I K. 18:26 - O Baal hear us
First found with Moses - Num 22:41
Still in existence after Babylon Captivity - Zeph 1:4
Paul Speaks of Baal - Rom 11:4
- Meaning - Master, Owner, Lord
- Manifesting himself in natures power (Storms thunder, lighting)
Why Are We Afraid To Take A Risk?
1. Afraid of losing what we know for sure
2. We hastate because we don’t want to regret latter
3. The change involves work on our part
4. Confrontation takes out of our safety zone
- Ps 16:4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.