Summary: Persecutions & Martyrdom. It's origin and hos to deal with them
Stone The Gods
- 12 years before Paul consented to stoning
- Stephen’s death by stoning
- Now he was being stoned
- Stone the man who healed the cripple
World does not appreciate its benefactors
Martyr Gk. “witness”
- 70 million over 2000 years
- Every day 400 are killed for their faith
- All the disciples but John martyred
1 Simon Peter Cephas (Rock) AD 64 Crucified Rome Italy
2 James son of Zebedee Boanerges (Son of Thunder) 44 Beheaded Jerusalem Palestine
3 John Boanerges The Beloved Disciple 96 Boiled in oil Ephesus Turkey
4 Andrew Andrea 69 Crucified Patras Greece
5 Philip – 60 Hanged Hierapolis Turkey
6 Bartholomew Nathanael, son of Ptolemy 68 Crucified Albana Armenia
7 Matthew Levi 70 Stabbed Nubia Ethiopia
8 Thomas Didymus (Twin) 82 Speared Mylapore India
9 James the Less The Younger; son of Alphaeus 54 Stoned Jerusalem Palestine
10 Judas Thaddeus Lebbaeus; son of James; Addai 66 Clubbed Ardaze Turkey
11 Simon Zelotes The Zealot; the Canaanean 61 Crucified Suanir Iran
12 Judas Iscariot Man of Kerioth; Assassin 33 (Suicide) Jerusalem Palestine
(World Watch Monitor )- Today In the News Around the World
Bangladesh - Church Leaders Beaten at Police Station
China - Authorities Plan to Eradicate House Churches
Egypt - Christian’s Six-Year Sentence Upheld
India - Islamic Extremists Beat, Mock Christians
Indonesia - President Sidesteps Church Controversy
Iran - Crackdown Hits Official Churches
Iraq - Islamic Rioters Attack Christian Shops in Kurdish North
Laos - Officials Arrest Five Christians in Southern Village
Mexico - Missionary Couple Slain
Morocco - Convert Serving 15 Years for His Faith
Nigeria - Church of Christ in Nigeria reeling from massacre
Somalia - Islamic Extremists Behead Another Convert
Tanzania - Christians Live in Cloud of Fear in Zanzibar
Vietnam - Christians Injured in Attack Denied Medical Care
The godly will be persecuted. 2 Ti 3:12.
Men by nature addicted to persecution. Ga 4:29.
Persecution Originates From:
1. Ignorance of God and Christ. Joh 16:3.
2. Hatred to God and Christ. Joh 15:20,24.
3. Hatred to the gospel. Mt 13:21.
4. Pride. Ps 10:2.
Dealing With Persecution
1. Commit themselves to God. 1Pe 4:19.
2. Exhibit patience. 1Co 4:12.
3. Rejoice. Mt 5:12; 1Pe 4:13.
4. Glorify God. 1Pe 4:16.
5. Pray for deliverance. Ps 7:1; 119:86.
6. Pray for those who inflict. Mt 5:44.
7. Return blessing for. Ro 12:14.