Summary: The question is not, "What are you building" as much as "What Are You Building On?"
"IN THE MUD OR UNDER THE BLOOD"
Mat 7:24 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on a rock.
Mat 7:25 And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house. And it did not fall, for it was founded on a rock.
Mat 7:26 And everyone who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them shall be compared to a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
Mat 7:27 And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the wind blew and beat on that house. And it fell, and great was its fall.
Mat 7:28 And it happened, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His doctrine.
Mat 7:29 For He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
A. The end off Matthew chapter seven is the conclusion to the greatest message that was ever preached; "The Sermon on the Mount". chapters 5-7. It is undoubtedly the most radical sermon that was ever given.
A. It had a radical view of man happiness and how to gain it. (The beatitudes)
1. A person’s spiritual is more important than his physical. 5:3
2. It will bring you more joy to comfort than be comforted. 5:4
3. It will bring you more joy to be meek than macho. 5:5
4. It will bring you more joy to hunger after righteousness than food. 5:6
5. It will bring you more joy to show mercy than obtain mercy. 5:7
6. It will bring you more joy to make peace than war. 5:
7. It’s better to rejoice over being done wrong than to take revenge.
8. It will bring you more joy to live your life for others.
9. Getting even with people will make you miserable. It is not an eye for an eye and tooth for tooth. Smite you on one cheek. . . sue you to take away you coat . . compelled to go one mile . . .
10. Love thy enemies. . bless them that curse you. . do good to them that hate you.
11. Examine you motives.
12. After this manner pray. . . .
13. Lay not treasure upon earth.
14. Judge not. . .cast the beam. .
15. About optimist (Ask, and it shall be given. . seek. . .)
16. Narrow gate vs. strait gate.
17. Wolves in sheep clothing.
18. By their fruit you shall know them. .
AND THE BIGGY:
20. About worry: . . . . . but seek ye first the Kingdom of God.
NOW THIS GREAT SERMON IS CONCLUDED BY chapter 7:24-29 AND IT HAS TO DO WITH ONE OF THE GREAT PRINCIPALS IN THE WORD OF GOD. IT ALSO DEALS WITH ONE OF THE GREATEST PROBLEMS FACING MANKIND.
Explain the Parable:
Where are you building?
EXAMPLE: In California there is an area that people goes out and builds 3 million dollar home. They put the very best of every thing in those homes. There is nothing wrong with the quality of their building. The problem is not WHAT they are building but WHERE they are building. The problem is the foundation. The rains come and the three million dollar house goes sliding down the hill.
Now you would think they would be smart and say, "Oh! I don’t believe this is a good place to build but NO, they build it all over again and it will last until the RAINS COME AGAIN.
It would seem to me that what the Savior is saying is - It is not only important how you build but WHERE you build.
Now don’t get me wrong - It is very important WHAT you are building but MORE important is WHERE you are building.
YOU ARE EITHER BUILDING IN THE MUD OR UNDER THE BLOOD.
1Co 3:9 We are God’s coworkers. You are God’s field. You are God’s building.
1Co 3:10 As a skilled and experienced builder, I used the gift that God gave me to lay the foundation for that building. However, someone else is building on it. Each person must be careful how he builds on it.
1Co 3:11 After all, no one can lay any other foundation than the one that is already laid, and that foundation is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 People may build on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw.
1Co 3:13 The day will make what each one does clearly visible because fire will reveal it. That fire will determine what kind of work each person has done.
1Co 3:14 If what a person has built survives, he will receive a reward.