Summary: “Out of Him came forth” 1. The "Corner " 2. The "Nail" 3. The "Battle-Bow" 4. The "Ruler"
Infinite Care of Christ
- Detroit once a city of wealth and fame- Motor City
- Once called the Paris of the Midwest
- Home of GM Ford & Chrysler
- Stately homes & manicured lawns now up for foreclosure
- At one time Detroit was 4 million
- Today it has 700,000
- YouTube & Google Images show a waste land of unlivable burned-out, abandoned buildings & derelict homes in decay
- Detroit's main train station, opened in 1913, has not been used since 1988
- It’s abandoned banks, train stations, dentist's offices, police stations, ballrooms, hotels, schools, churches and homes
- Lost business leads to lost jobs & lost lives
- We have lost the knowledge of Jesus Christ
- Zechariah written at the same time of Haggai Hag. 1:1 & Zach. 1:1
- Israel realized they had lost their focus & reason for living
- Both books written at the time of rebuilding of the temple
- Opens with the reason for the captivity – 1:2-6
- Be careful how you live
- It gives flashes of Christ
- The infinite care and love of God over His people
- Key Thought: “I Will” 48x
- Repeating over & over “Thus saith the Lord”
Zechariah 10:4 (AV)
4 Out of him came forth the corner, out of him the nail, out of him the battle bow, out of him every oppressor together.
Zechariah 10:4 (NIV)
4 From Judah will come the cornerstone, from him the tent peg, from him the battle bow, from him every ruler.
Zec 10:4 GNB |
From among them will come rulers, leaders, and commanders to govern my people.
- We have got wrapped up with our problems & cares
- Now full of this world
Luke 8:11, 14 (AV)
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
Mark 4:37–41 (AV)
37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
1 Peter 5:7 (AV)
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- We need to see Jesus
“Out of Him came forth”
1. The "Corner "
Psalm 118:22 (AV)
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
- In ancient times the cornerstone was the stone at the corner of two walls that united them.
- It was the visible corner of the foundation of the building and the starting point of all future building above the foundation.
- It was the most costly stone because of its beauty and strength.
-It was also the largest, most solid and carefully constructed stone.
- He will rebuild our lives
- Christ our Foundation.
2. The "Nail "
- Nails hold things together
- A small sliver of steel isn’t a glorious tool.
- It’s not coveted by woodworkers in magazines and catalogs.
- It costs practically nothing.
- They are dropped and thrown away by the pounds at construction sites.
- Yet think where we would be if we didn’t have nails.
Isaiah 49:16 (AV)
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; …
- Christ our Burden-bearer
3. The "Battle-Bow "
- Ready for War
- Deliverance from the Enemy
- v, 5. -6
- Christ our Defense
4. Every Oppressor Together
The "Ruler " Christ our Lord
- He is in authority
Romans 8:31–39 (AV)
- Four questions