Summary: When unexplainable tragedy/death strikes, God has definite instructions for His children.
Intro: This has been a sudden loss, one which has
produced many questions in our minds. When an unexplainable tragedy strikes, God has some definite
instructions for us. Let us consider them briefly:
I. RECOGNIZE THAT THERE ARE THINGS WE CANNOT
1. We could "wrestle"with the"whys" of this
for an eternity, and still not come up with
2. There are so many things in life that we
are not able to understand, and this tragic
event is one of them.
3. It is better to put our energy elsewhere
than to "drain ourselves" in a futile attempt
at trying to explain the unexplainable.
4. It goes against our human "grain" to simply
accept events without trying to "make sense"
of them, but this is one of those times
when we just have to accept that we are
unable to explain "why".
II. TRUST IN GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART
1. It is difficult to trust God when you
are in the midst of confusion.
2. One person said "If He could help me make
sense out of what happened, then maybe
I could trust Him."
3. We don’t have all the answers, but we can rest
in the assurance that the GOD WHO IS ALL WISE
AND ALL KNOWING, THE GOD WHO DOES ALL THINGS
RIGHT, AND IN WHOSE CONTROL OUR LIVES REST...
THAT GOD IS WORTHY OF OUR TRUST DURING OUR
4. His ways are higher than our ways...His
thoughts are higher than our thoughts...
His purposes greater than our purposes...
5. Whatever He allows, no matter how painful,
we can trust HIM to KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING.
(COMPARE JOB’S EXPERIENCE)
6. SONG: WHEN YOU CAN’T UNDERSTAND
WHEN YOU CAN’T TRACE HIS HAND...
TRUST HIS HEART!!"
7. Despite our confusion and inability to
understand what has happened, we are called
upon to TRUST GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART.
III. IN ALL OUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM
1. During times like this, one of the best
opportunities for witnessing is afforded
2. We can acknowledge:
a. I don’t understand
b. But God is with me
c. God’s in control of all this
d. He loves me
e. He walks beside me through this
3. And with that kind of faith demonstrated
in the midst of what we don’t understand,
there will be someone watching how we
handle this tragedy...and looking to see
if Jesus really does make a difference. This
is our opportunity to SHINE HIS LIGHT in
the midst of a dark confusing hour.
CONCLUSION: We have two choices: get bitter
or get better; give up or keep going; let God
shine through us, or give Satan the Victory in how
we react to this tragedy. Let us recognize that
there are things we don’t understand..this is one
of them...but let us TRUST GOD with all our heart
in the midst of this experience, and let us acknowledge
His presence and Power in our lives as we progress
from this point in days ahead.