Summary: Here you have the all-important question and the thrilling-certain answer from the Word of God.
IS ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR THE LORD
The question, "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" is found in Genesis 18:14. The answer to this most important question is found in Jeremiah 32:17, "There is nothing too hard for thee." Here you have the all-important question and the thrilling-certain answer from the Word of God.
We see this all throughout the Bible
Abraham when God promised him and Sarah a son
Elisha when God translated Elijah and Elisha wouldn't leave his side and asked for a double portion
Four things come to us out of this text:
I. THERE IS NO PROMISE TOO HARD FOR GOD TO FULFILL
Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
A. The Promises of God.
1. What do the promises of the Word mean to you?
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.,
Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
B. And The Promises Are Just As Sure As They Have Always Been!
"Is any thing too hard for the Lord?" Genesis 18:14
"There is nothing too hard for thee" Jeremiah 32:17
II. THERE IS NO PRAYER TOO HARD FOR GOD TO ANSWER
D.L. Moody said, When God is going to do something wonderful, He starts with a difficulty. When God is going to do something very wonderful and miraculous, He starts with an impossibility.
A. When Is The Last Time God Answered A Prayer For You?
1. Some Christians have to go back 5 years--some six months.
2. I believe we shouldn’t have to go back too far in order to tell about God specifically answering a prayer.
Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.;
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
1. God Almighty is not limited to circumstances.
III. THERE IS NO PROBLEM TOO HARD FOR GOD TO SOLVE
A. Everyone Gets Into Tough Situations.
Gideon did--Abraham did--Moses did--Paul did
1. Any Christian, if he attempts something for God, goes through great trials in his life.
2. But no problem is too great for God to solve. Psalm 37:3-5 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
3. We shouldn’t doubt for one moment that God can take care of any problem that we have. Too often we don’t give him our burdens we don’t trust Him enough to hand them over to Him.
IV. THERE IS NO PERSON TOO HARD FOR GOD TO SAVE
A. I Have Known Some Hard Ones. Examples
B. The Story Of The Paralytic The Four Men Brought To Jesus—Mark 2:1-5