Summary: There is only one Good and he is God.
Is there any Good in this world?
Scripture: Romans 12:9-21
Theme: Evangelistic – There is only one Good and he is God
Today we are looking at the topic of “Is there any good in this world?”
The assumption is that there is evil in this world – so there is a need for us to search for good – Is there any good in this world?
Looking around us – we cannot help but acknowledge that there seems to be lots of evil around us:
Just this week in Monday’s paper – “Today” – I cannot help but notice the headlines: “Car bomb terror, from Baghdad and Bali to the streets of Britain.”
- it was about the recent car bombs incidents in Britain – two were found by the police and defused and the third was driven into Glasgow airport – thankfully causing only structural damaged.
- Such happenings are so common these days.
- We hear or read about the genocide that took place and is still on in Africa. Not too long ago in former Yugoslavia. Some people calls it the ethnic cleansing.
- China – human slavery – in ST, Thursday, 5 July 2007, pg. 7, “Shanxi brick kiln slavery: Five men in the dock.” “The kiln owner, labour contractor and three foremen accused of enslaving 32 migrant workers…”
- It is amazing that slavery still goes on in such modern era.,
- CNN news on 5 July 2007, Thursday, a 3 year old British girl was kidnapped – most probably for ransom/money. She was on the way to school - gunman at a junction snack her from the car. It is in Nigeria – Africa.
Quote: Evil brings men together.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC), (attributed)
“Evil brings evil men together to do evil things.”
The September 11, 2001 attacks (often referred to as 9/11—pronounced "nine eleven") consisted of a series of coordinated terrorist suicide attacks by Islamic extremists on that date upon the United States of America.
That morning, nineteen terrorists affiliated with al-Qaeda hijacked four commercial passenger jet airliners. Each team of hijackers included a trained pilot. The hijackers intentionally crashed two of the airliners (United Airlines Flight 175 and American Airlines Flight 11) into the World Trade Center in New York City, one plane into each tower (1 WTC and 2 WTC), resulting in the collapse of both buildings soon afterward and irreparable damage to nearby buildings. The hijackers crashed a third airliner (American Airlines Flight 77) into the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia, near Washington, D.C. Passengers and members of the flight crew on the fourth aircraft (United Airlines Flight 93) attempted to retake control of their plane from the hijackers; that plane crashed into a field near the town of Shanksville in rural Somerset County, Pennsylvania. In addition to the 19 hijackers, 2,974 people died; another 24 are missing and presumed dead
- The list goes on – mind you it is a long list.
- That is out there in the world – how about some of us – we too see evil in our small circle of people – bullying, unjust practices, bias treatment of individuals, ill-treatment,…