Summary: In this sermon outline we look at the unchanging power of God. He is not limited to Bible Days and stories of the Bible, but His power to save, change and deliver is present today to work in our lives.
IS THERE POWER IN THE GOSPEL TODAY?!
In this sermon outline we look at the unchanging power of God. He is not limited to Bible Days and stories of the Bible, but His power to save, change and deliver is present today to work in our lives.
I) GOD IS UNCHANGING IN POWER!
A. The first reason is that He is unchanging.
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. (KJV)
Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of
Jacob are not consumed. (KJV)
1. What He was in Bible days He is today.
2. What He could do in Bible days His can do today.
3. He is not the great I Was or the great I Am going to be, He is the great I AM.
a. He is a present helper in time of need and trouble.
(Psa 46:1 KJV) ……….. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
4. The true God is a living, intelligent and powerful Being. He governs all things, and knows all things that are or can be done.
5. Humility is the key to experiencing God’s power.
a. Spiritual authority flows not from titles and positions but from a life that is genuine.
II) GOD’S WORD IS UNCHANGING
A. His promises will work in our lives today.
Matt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall
not pass away. (KJV)
1. When time shall be no more His Word will be unchanging.
2. When this ‘stinking sinful’ world is on fire, His Word still stand.
Psalms 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
3. The Word be unchanging in heaven.
a. We will be judged by His Word.
III) GOD SEES THE NEEDS OF THE WORLD AND ONLY HIS SAVING POWER CAN CHANGE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD.
Matt 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is
plenteous, but the labourers are few; (KJV)
Matt 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will
send forth labourers into his harvest. (KJV)
A. God sees the need is now!
John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh
harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and
look on the fields; for they are white already to
1. Billy Graham was once asked what we could do for world peace. He answered was that the first step on the path to world peace was to make peace with God first ourselves.
B. God sees that the time is short for Him to pour out His power.
Rev 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a
loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy
sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap;
for the harvest of the earth is ripe. (KJV)
1. It is now time for the harvest.
2. Let us be filled daily with His Spirit and He will fill us with His power to live, work and share the Gospel with others.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
3. Crops go through three stages: green, ripe, rotten. Harvest is effective only at one stage. Likewise, intervention, at the right time, can produce a rich spiritual harvest.
4. The world has more winnable people than ever before ... but it is possible to come out of a ripe field empty-handed.