Summary: Jesus's last words on the cross are words that make me thankful for His death, Burial, and Resurrection.
“Thankful for Jesus’s Words “It is finished." (John 19:30)
• I am so thankful for three words that Jesus said and those three words are “It Is Finished” To bring to an end to complete Greek word tetelestai (To Tell Les Tie)
1. "It is finished" meant all the world can be forgiven if we believe
• Mark 16:15He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned
2. "It is finished" meant no more disapproval; no more attack on our character no more Condemnation
• Romans 8:81Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
3. "It is finished" meant, Game over Law. The law is good but unable to save us.
• Romans 8:3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,B God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.C
4. “It is finished” meant reign of death has ended
• Death Reigned from the time of Adam: Romans 12:12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—
• "It is finished" meant, death is done Game over death you have met the master you no longer are the master Romans 6: 9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him
• "It is finished meant", Game over Death you have been devoured by the Master
1 Cor 15:54When the perishable has been clothed with the Imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."G 55"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"H
• It is finished” meant, I don’t have to be afraid I can live with No more Fear of death
Hebrews 2:14Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death--that is, the evil-- 15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death
5. I am so thankful those words "It is finished meant", Death, Hell, Grave, Satan has met the Resurrection
• Jesus made the statement often that He was the Resurrection
• The resurrection said, 40For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth
• The resurrection said, “Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again
• the Resurrection said, “32 But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee."
• The Resurrection said, "12"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
• The Resurrection said, “It is finished,” Agony and hopelessness of death gone.