Summary: The church must prepare because the return of Christ is near.
It Is Nigh, Even At The Doors
Intro Many say that we are living in the last days. I must respectfully disagree. We are not living in the last days, but the last seconds. The return of our master is close at hand.
1. There is nothing holding it back
* Everything is in place
* Nothing left to fulfill
2. The time is NOW to be ready
* More then ever, folks must be ready
* To be prepared to meet the Lord
“For as lightning cometh out of the east and shineth even unto the west; so shall the coming of the son of man be.”
“Be ye therefore ready also: for the son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not
“Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
I. Christ sent us warning. Lk 12:35-40
A. We are to be dressed with our lights burning
1. This means our life is in order
2. We won’t be caught unaware
3. All our spiritual affairs are attended to
*Living a life separate from the world
*Ready to meet the Lord
B. Jesus was very clear with us.
1. He will return
2. You MUST be ready
3. Today is the day to settle it
* No more playing games with God
* Confess your sins today
* Tomorrow may be too late
C. Notice who the Blessed ones are (v37)
1. The servants who are ready
2. The ones who are watching
3. The ones who are prepared
D. “Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.”
1. If he came today would you meet him with:
* Gladness of heart
2. He’s coming. Are you ready?
II. God sends warning in I Thess 5:1-6
A. God’s people need to be awake
1.Devil has rocked many of God’s people to sleep
2.Sin has deadened their senses
3.Their eyes are blind to the world around them
B. We must all be watching for Christ
1. Not looking to what possessions we can get.
2. Not looking to the world around us
3. We must focus on Christ.
III. In these final moments, We can see the Apostasy of the Church.
A.. Church has seen better days.
1. Few years ago, people would come for miles to hear revival.
The seats were all full.
2. The Church was respected and honored
3. Now the pastor must clear the beer bottles from the parking lot before services.
4. People don’t want to hear the pure life changing Word of God.
* They want to be entertained.
* They want a show.
* They want unconvicting sermons that make them feel good.
* Where is the desire to feel God’s presence?
B. Paul Told Us It Would Be Like This. I Tim 4:1-3
1. Men are turning from the faith
2. Rejecting the truth of the scripture.
3. Substitute it with “doctrines of devils”
C. The Church Has Rejected Christ Thru Their Abundance.
“Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked”
1. There is plenty of money
2. Plenty of possessions
3. Physical need of nothing
4. Christ has been rejected.
5. Spiritually, the Church is in terrible shape.
* “lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God” * Many have given their hearts to the world