Summary: There are some who are hard to love, and there are some who are easy to love ... Jesus is One Who is easy to love!
PSALM 116:1 “IT IS SO EASY TO LOVE THE LORD”
A) There are many ways in which you could classify people!
* One way is by classifying those that are hard to love and those that are easy to love.
* As you know, there are some people that are hard to love.
* You have to make yourself love them.
* Are you thinking of someone right now? * So and so comes to mind, huh?
B) A wife went with her friend to the police station to report that her husband was missing!
* When the policeman asked for a description, she said, “He’s 6 foot 2, has deep blue eyes, dark
wavy hair, athletic build, well-groomed and sharply dressed, weighs 185 pounds .......”
* “He’s soft-spoken, well-mannered and loves the children.” * The friend spoke up and said .......
* “But your husband is fat, 5 foot 3, rude, smokes cigars, bald, has a big mouth, never bathes,
dresses sloppy, his teeth is rotten and he is terribly mean to your children.”
* The wife replied, “Yes, but who wants that one back?”
C) Yes, there are some people that are hard to love!
* On the other hand, there are people that are easy to love.
* Some people you love the moment you meet them ... It is not difficult loving them.
* You do not have to make yourself love them ... You just can’t help but love them!
D) I find the Lord to be one that is easy to love ... In fact, it is hard not to love Him!
* Jesus said in Matthew 22:37, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and .......”
* I have never quite understood why someone, who had been saved, did not love the Lord with all
their heart, soul, and mind, because He is so easy to love!
E) The fact that the Lord loves us is never in question!
* God’s love for us is plainly declared and continually demonstrated.
* God’s love is both personal and eternal ... It is repeatedly proclaimed in the Bible and repeatedly
proven in our blessings!
* We never have to wonder or worry if God loves us!
* The question is whether or not we love the Lord ... He loves us, but do we love Him in return?
F) There are times when I think the Lord must feel like the little four-year-old girl who walked
up to her mom with a doll under each arm!
* She said, “Mama, I love them and love them and love them, but they never love me back.”
* Like the little girl and her dolls, the Lord loves us and loves us and loves us, but sadly, the case is
often that we do not love Him back!
G) In Psalm 116 we find the Psalmist speaking of his love for the Lord!
* As I read of his love for the Lord, I seem to hear him saying, “It is hard not to love the Lord.”
* I want us to look at the Psalmist’s words and put our own love for the Lord to the test!
(1) THE DECLARATION OF HIS LOVE FOR THE LORD!
* At the very beginning of the Psalm, the Psalmist expresses and declares his love for the Lord!
* He begins by saying, “I love the Lord.” * Spurgeon said, “Every believer ought to be able to
declare without the slightest hesitation, ‘I love the Lord.’” * In the Psalmist’s words I see:
A) First: The Expression Of Love The Lord Desires!
* A group of eight-year olds were asked the question: “What does love mean?” * Some of the
answers they got were: Love is that feeling you feel before all the bad stuff gets in the way.
* Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell
* Love is when you go out and eat and give somebody most of your French Fries without making
them give you any of theirs.
B) Love is when my mama makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to
him, to make sure the taste is OK!
* Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, and then he wears it everyday.
* Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know
each other so well.
* I let my big sister pick on me because my Mom says she only picks on me because she loves me.
So I pick on my baby sister because I love her.
* When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out.