Summary: The restoration of America does not rest in better economics, or smarter politicians, or a great military presence -----rather it is getting back to restoring God’s principles of Righteousness in the hearts and lives of the people of America. And it beg
“AMERICAN MUST WAKE UP”
The prophet Jeremiah delivered this great admonition to Israel:
“This is what the Lord says: Whenever you hear a statement like this you need to perk up and pay attention.
‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.’ But you said, ‘ We will not walk in it.’ I appointed watchmen over you and said, ‘Listen to the sound of the trumpet!’ But you said, ‘We will not listen.’ Therefore hear, O nations; observe, O witnesses, what will happen to them. Hear O earth: I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their schemes, because they have not listened to my words and have rejected my law.” (Jer. 6:16-19)
When Jeremiah wrote these word words it was about 626 BC –about 20 years from the initial attack from Babylon on Jerusalem. If Jerusalem did not heed the message of Jeremiah certain destruction will befall Jerusalem.
In hind site, we know what happened. Jerusalem was leveled. The gates were torn down, home were destroyed, women would become widowed, children would be taken from parents, and the people would be taken as slaves and prisoners.
If only Jerusalem would have listened to the words of Jeremiah some 20 – 40 years earlier. They had the ability to change their course of pending destruction.
Jerusalem was at a fork in the road. They had been presented the truth of their pending doom and they had a decision to make.
• Their situation was bleak. Jeremiah told them that they had forsaken God, that they were adulterers, and that their children had thronged to houses of prostitution.
• He rebuked them for being so far gone in their character that they did not even know how to blush.
• He told them, furthermore, that their preachers proclaimed lies, that their leadership was a ungodly, but the people accepted it. .
• Amazingly, Jeremiah told them, that if just one righteous man could be found in Jerusalem, God said he would forgive the city and save it from destruction.
THE BABYLON CAPTIVITY FORTOLD
Jeremiah, then, addresses and warns Jerusalem about the impending attack from the powerful and ruthless army and emenyfrom the north- Babylon.
In just a few years if Jerusalem does not repent, Babylon would attack and the result would be total devastation of the city which was still 20 plus years away.
However, at the time of Jeremiah’s admonition, there still was time for the people to turn to God and avoid disaster. Their future was not set. Their future was still in their own hands.
So, Jeremiah told them they had come to the crossroads and that they needed to ask for the old paths and walk in them.
• If they listened to Jeremiah with a penitent heart, , they surely would find peace for their souls.
• So, what happened? History tells us the people and their leaders would have none of it.
• With doom standing right in front of them, knocking at their door, Jerusalem was unrepentant and ran head long into their own destruction.
America is at a fork in the road:
People, this is not only a history listen to be learned about the captivity of Jerusalem, this is a stern—stark message for America.
This is not a political speech. This is a sobering, somber, sad, situation that we as Americans facing today.
• In my few shorts years of living on this earth, never before until now have I witnessed the future or our nation on the brink of a demoralizing, spiritual declining, financially bankrupt Nation.
The word of God says in Proverbs 14:34 that righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR COUNTRY IN 2012:
WELCFARE SYSTEM: NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- More than one in seven Americans are on food stamps, but the federal government wants even more people to sign up for the safety net program. America must wake up!
U.S. NATIONAL DEBT
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 29 Aug 2012 at 03:19:56 is:
The estimated population of the United States is 313,407,236
so each citizen's share of this debt is $50,994.06.
The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.88 billion per day since September 28, 2007!
American must wake up!
ABORTION: It has been estimated that 3,000 are aborted daily. If you multiply that by the number of years that aborion has been legal,. The Alan Gutmacher Institute, a leading proponent of abortion on demand, claims that there have been more than 50 million abortions in the U.S. since Roe Vs. Wade.
UNEMPLOYMENT: The official unemployment rate is 8.2% National average. But please note that number excludes millions who have either dropped out of the labor force altogether, or can’t find full-time work. A broader measure which accounts for these numbers, is at 14.5%.