Summary: Using Gods wisdom to make God honouring and fulfilling marital choices
Topic: It's a Good Thing....1
Pro 18:22 says;
"Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD".
Note 3 - simple thoughts as we take this marital journey:
(a)- love & marriage were designed to add colour to life!
(b)- when what is meant 4 good, is not working out good, somebody may be working it wrongly!
- you can do what you know & what you don't know will still undo you!
Pro 14:1 says;
"Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands".
(c)- a little adjustment in approach can sponsor a major breakthrough in marriage!
The AIM of this SERIES = help you to make your marital journey a testimony!
1st Week.... Dealing with "The Power of Love"
1st Service: I am or am I in love?
2nd Service: why some good people don't get the right people.
3rd Service: using courtship to set the marriage pattern.
4th Service: sometimes you just have to walk away.
1st Service: I AM OR AM I IN LOVE?
- love places another persons heart @ the centre of your heart!
- but marriage goes beyond the feeling of love; marriage is about the covenant of love!
How do you know if this "love" thing will last?
Note 3 things to take home:
1. If it doesn't wow you, it's not Gods will!
- a lifetime is a long time & only good quality can qualify!
- if it is packaged 4u; it will be perfect in your eyes!
2. If your visions differ, you will suffer division!
- it's not everything you like that you can live with!
- Incompatibility in marriage is rooted in conflicting interests!
3. If it is of God, it cannot be ungodly!
- any passion that provokes God was not generated by grace!
- nothing that defiles is divine!
What do you do?
- pray this simple prayer: Lord I surrender my heart to you = lead it to where it will find rest!
- make a commitment to yourself to make your 1 choice your best choice!
2nd Service: WHY SOME GOOD PEOPLE DON'T GET THE RIGHT PEOPLE
- marital decisions are destiny determining decisions!
- the wrong foundational decision will affect your life's fundamental direction!
- a person can be very sincere & be sincerely wrong!
Note: 1 Sam 16:6-7(CEV)
Why do people make regrettable marital decisions?
Note 3 things to take home:
1. If you choose only by the natural; the unnatural will mess up your choice!
- you can have whatever you want, if you want it desperately enough to fight 4 it!
- but then, you can get what you want and not want what you get!
- marital choice is not about the best option: it is about the right portion!
2. If you allow your heart to overrule your head; your passion will overturn your purpose!
- your heart can hinder your discernment!
- when passion is not properly managed, it can poison perspective!
- you engage with the heart; but you examine with the head!
In 1 Thess 5:21 says;
"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good".
- you must use both your heart & your head!
What do you check?
- commitment to God
- character content
- course of destiny
3. If you don't resist strange forces; you will be forced into strange decisions!