Summary: Far too often in life we as believers take on too much stuff. We fight a whole lot of spiritual battles that our not ours to fight, and worry about things we shouldn’t worry about. This Battle is not ours, but the Lord’s!
In this particular text, Jehosaphat is preparing to go to battle with his men against the people of Moab and Annon. He had already gotten word from some folk that the enemy was coming has prayed and fasted, and is now hearing from the Lord. And as the people of Judah all stood there, the spirit of God came upon Jahaziel and said, (Vs. 15-17)
- We as believers have been called to fight a battle.
- Describe this battle.(Does/Doesn’t include?)
- We as believers are fighting and/or worrying about battles far too often that we have no control over. We just need to let go & let GOD!
- All we have to do is ask for help!
- So, how do we let God fight for us?
II. BODY: HOW TO LET GOD FIGHT YOUR BATTLES!
A. BY REALIZING THAT THE BATTLE’S NOT OURS, BUT GOD’S!
- It’s not ours to worry about!
- All the things you’re having problems with, (Give ex.), take it to God and he will work it out!
- Have you EVER had a situation in your life that only God could figure out!
- God is the only one that can work things out in some cases!
B. BY RECOGNIZING HUMAN LIMITATIONS AND ALLOWING GOD’S STRENGTH TO WORK THROUGH OUR FEARS AND WEAKNESSES!
- We are limited in the amount of "stuff" we can handle!
- We have a tendency to take on too much at times.
- The hardest thing for us to do is to put aside our pride and admit our weakness!
_ When i’m weak, God says "I’M STRONG!"
- We also have natural fears and concerns that we need to let go of and allow God to work through!
- The Bible says that God will renew your strength!
-Let go and let God!
C. BY ASKING FOR HELP IN OUR DAILY BATTLES< NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL THEY MAY SEEM!
- God can take care of ALL our battles... No matter how big or small!
- Give examples of small & big battles.
- Draw closer to God & he will draw closer to you!
- We have to get pride out of the way, humble ourselves & ask God for help!
III. PREACH THE TEXT: