Summary: This series is based on the book, "Do Hard Things" by Brett and Alex Harris. It is a 7 week series that challenges teenagers to step up from the low expectations that our culture has placed on them.
“How to do hard things that make a difference”
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. – Matthew 5:13-16
I. Operation Salt and Light
A. Salt is used in the Bible as a preservative
B. Light is used to represent truth
II. The Three Pillars of the Rebelution
III. The Challenge to Sustain the Rebelution
A. Initial Steps
1. Out with the Old – Hebrews 12:1
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us. – Hebrews 12:1
2. Help other who stand alone
3. Rethink your relationships – Proverbs 13:20
He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. – Proverbs 13:20
B. The Five Step Plan
1. Do you have a Holy ambition in your life?
2. What five steps do you need to start to take to move toward that ambition?
C. Here are some ideas
1. Identify what you need to get honest about and with whom
2. Decide what negative actions or patterns need to end
3. Recognize which people can best help you get from point A to point B and get connected with them
4. Figure out one or two key action steps that, once taken, will make it harder to chicken out and turn back and decide when and how to take those steps
5. Make a practical plan to stay close to God
6. Expect, and get excited about, success.
Final Thought: The Rebelution is in your hands. Are you ready to step up and take the challenge to rebel against low expectations? If so, today is the day to take that stand!