Summary: One word from God, the strength it gives, can take you from where you are, to where you need to be,
It’s time to report, for active duty!
Ill. On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918,
the world celebrated!
Because World War I was over.
President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation to celebrate Armistice Day on November 11.
In 1938, the day was declared a national holiday.
In 1954, the name was changed to Veterans’ Day
in honor of all U.S. soldiers of any war.
Webster’s Dictionary says that a veteran is:
1. a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation, office, or the like:
2. a person who has served in a military force, esp. during a war.
Now while we think of war as a world conflict, with many Countries involved,
today I want to take, your understanding of the word veteran, in a different direction and I want you to think of yourself,
That is, if you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, i want you to think of yourself as a veteran, because if you take your relationship with Him seriously,
You know that you are a soldier, without a doubt, in the largest army in the world, a soldier in the army of the Lord.
One of the greatest soldiers ever in the Lords army was King David,
Long before he ever thought about being a hero on that fateful day,
he slew Goliath, against enormous odds, with just one stone and a leather sling,
God had looked ahead and saw David’s future and saw that it was going to be good, not only good but great!
God had chosen him to be a soldier in His army, long before he was ever summoned for his assignment.
1. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9. Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10. There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
When we put out faith and trust in the Lord, we can expect to have God take care of us, we can expect His maximum protection.
no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Will there be times our courage will be tested?,
Where there times when David’s courage was tested?
Yes and yes, there were many times, probably more times than recorded in scripture, David’s courage was tested.
We all know our faith and courage is tested, even sometimes on a daily basis, David’s faith and courage was no different.
Its in those times faith is stretched and has a chance to grow an develop and become strong,
It’s the same with us, as with any veteran
( a person who has served in a military force, esp. during a war.)
You see, I believe a veteran is any one who has served in a battle, or a war, with a designated foe and lived to fight another day!
Only our war is a different kind of war.
Really? Come on, a war?,
yes a war, a Spiritual War, with a real and ever present enemy.
The accuser, the devil, the one and the same
and the Lord tells us, this is a serious conflict and struggle that were up against, on a daily basis, sometimes even on a moment by moment basis!
And if we’re ever going to be successful, we’re going to have to enlist His help and put on....The Whole Armor of God....He has supplied for us.
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
11. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.