Summary: There are some needs for teams in the NCAA tourney to advance as well as there are some needs that are recorded in Marks Gospel of the Triumpth Entrance of Jesus for his casue to advance.
“Jerusalem Madness and the Needs ” Mark 11:1-10
• During the NCAA tournaments there are many needs
• Teams need good wins and even good losses to get in the tournament. They need good coaching, health, resilience, consistency , able to hit free throws, and Trust or confidence.
• In today's reading it not March mad ness but Jerusalem Madness
• There things that need to happen for teams to be victorious in March madness
1. During the Jerusalem Madness Jesus needs he even said, " The Lord Needs" one of those certain things Jesus needed was the availability of a colt , `The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.' "
• Jesus needed a stranger to provide him with a donkey so that he could make his march into the city.
• You wouldn't think that the all-powerful Son of God would need anything, but Mark reveals that he did. He needed a colt and a cooperative animal owner.
2. During Jerusalem Madness the Lord needs supporters
• Mark tells us that many people in the crowd spread their cloaks on the road, and others spread branches."
• Jesus needed followers or fans all around him, people were shouting, "Hosanna! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the coming kingdom of our ancestor David! Hosanna in the highest heaven!" (vv. 8-10).
3. During Jerusalem Madness the Lord needs those that will step up their Praise
• One of the Gospel Lessons says, “Pharisees told the people to be quiet, Jesus said, “ If you hold your
piece the very rocks will give praise.”
• I am sure there were people their like the Widow of Nain and her son who step up their
praise look what the lord has done
• In the crowd that day were Folks like the lepers who once were outcasts
• More than likely there was a man named Blind Bartamaus who was healed I will praise
Messiah because “I was once blind but now I see “
• God doesn’t need our praise and worship; we need it! Psalm 92: 1It is good to praise the LORD
and make music to your name, O Most High,
• Why should we Praise Jesus?
4. During Jerusalem madness "The Lord Needs" Now The People Need as well note they cry out Hosanna
• Hebrew and Aramaic phrase that means "Help!" or "Save us!" “I beg you to save!” or “please deliver us!”
• You are the one to defeat the Rome’s Control like Samson conquered Philistines
• The people desire a deliverer like Moses who cried out “come see the salvation of the lord” and the Red sea parted and Pharaohs army drowned
• This Messiah would save, help, deliver by means of his own death for forgiveness of sin
5. Jerusalem madness is what happened during Holy Week
• The Lord needs our Availability , The Lord needs our Praise
• The people need to Praise Him
• It's madness the people praise and the next thing you know they cry out crucify him.
• It's madness Jesus enters the temple and overturns the tables
• It madness he runs the money changers out with a whip.
• It’s madness Jesus will die on a cross but if he lives again so can I.