Summary: Jeus came to earth with the power and authority of God to setup his kingdom on earth again and to prepare his sons on the earth to take over.
Jesus came to put the kingdom of God back into this world,
1. "…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)
The literal Greek rendering of “more abundantly” is - That they might have it excessively, extravagantly exceeding abundant above that which is necessary.
2. I want to share with you what God has been sharing with me
a. "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;"
(1 Corinthians 15:3, KJV)
b. It is said, if you give a poor man a fish, you feed him for a day… If you TEACH HIM how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
c. God is impressing upon my heart, that we as a people of God, learn to fish.
We, in conjunction, with the Holy Spirit, will teach you, but you must ultimately learn to fish for yourself.
I have my children beg me to do things for them in the Spirit, that they could very well receive for themselves.
3. You have two choices this morning
1. You can hear from man this morning and hear some good things,
2. Or you can hear from God this morning and receive awesome things, things that will changed your life.
A. Jesus taught of the coming of God’s kingdom
1. "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:17, KJV)
2. "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10, KJV)
3. "Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight…, but now is my kingdom not from hence." (John 18:36, KJV)
B. Jesus operated in Kingdom Authority - because he was sent from the king to re-establish his kingdom.
1. Use the analogy of Robin hood, the sheriff of Nottingham and King Richard rightful heir to the throne
2. "And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues,
and preaching the gospel of the kingdom,
and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people." (Matthew 4:23)
C. Jesus had the authority to delegate kingdom authority
1. "Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick." (Luke 9:1-2, KJV)
2. "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
(Matthew 28:18-19, KJV)
Closing…. "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (Luke 12:32, KJV)