Summary: Who is Lord/Master of your life? Jesus or self? This message instructs how to make Jesus Lord of your life.
JESUS IS LORD
(Key Verse 9)
INTRO: Who is Lord of your life? Is it self or is it Jesus Have you been burdened with problems, heartaches, and disappointments? Would you like to get some help with them? Would you like to have someone relieve you of your burdens? You can if you will make Jesus Lord of your life.
I. WHAT IT MEANS TO MAKE JESUS LORD.
1. For the Greeks.
(1) They were required to burn incense to Caesar and proclaim him as lord (Roman Law).
(2) For a Greek to proclaim Jesus as Lord was to put his life on the line.
2. For us.
(1) God expects the same kind of commitment from each of us. He expects us to proclaim His Son as Lord of our lives.
(2) Instead of putting our life on the line, we usually retreat. We say, “But you don’t understand how hard it is to be a Christian in everyday life.”
II. HOW CAN WE MAKE JESUS LORD?
1. Biblical examples.
(1) Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice Isaac at Mount. Moriah. Jesus was Lord of his life.
(2) Daniel’s experience in lion’s den. He had made Jesus Lord of his life.
(3) Paul’s boldness before King Agrippa. Jesus was Lord in his life.
2. How do we make Jesus Lord of our lives?
(1) By consistent Christian daily living.
II Bible reading.
2 By taking your stand for Christ, even though it is unpopular, and your are ridiculed.
III. WHY MAKE JESUS LORD?
2. For the happiness it brings.
(1) God is able to bless you daily.
(2) You have peace of mind.
(3) You have a satisfaction of doing the best you can do.
3. For the rewards of God in the future.
CONC: This is the time of year when we are busy thinking about what God has done for us. Now would be a good time for us to think about what we are doing for Him. Our church needs each of her members to make Jesus Lord of our lives. If we do not, we are not going to be able to do very much to reach this community.