Summary: Jesus is not "part" of my life. He "is" my life
Jesus Is Precious To Me
Part 1 – Jesus is not “part” of my life! Jesus “IS” my life!
“For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” Phil 1:21
“I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live. Yet not I, but Christ liveth in me. And the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave His life for me.” Gal 2:20
1. Why is Jesus so precious to me?
* Colossians 1:13 – He rescued me from Satan’s kingdom and brought me into God’s Kingdom.
* Colossians 1:14 – He purchased my freedom and forgave my sin with His blood.
* Colossians 1:15 – He is supreme over all creation.
* Colossians 1:16-17 - He created everything and holds it all together.
* Colossians 1:18 – He is the Church’s Head and deserves the preeminent place.
2. In what way does such a view of Jesus affect my life?
* Philippians 4:4 – It causes me to always be full of joy.
* Philippians 4:6 – It causes me to pray instead of worrying and fretting over problems I face.
* Philippians 4:8 – It causes me to change my thought patterns.
* Philippians 4:13 – It causes me to draw on the strength which Christ provides.
3. How can I express and/or demonstrate to others that Jesus “IS” my life?
* Ephesians 5:15 - By being careful how I live.
* Ephesians 5:16 - By making the most of every opportunity I have to do good.
* Ephesians 5:17 - By trying to understand what God wants me to do, instead of acting thoughtlessly.
* Ephesians 5:18 - By being filled with the Spirit.
* Ephesians 5:19-20 - By expressing heart-felt worship and praise.
* Ephesians 5:21-25 - By being a loving, respecting spouse.
* Ephesians 6:4 - By being a godly, loving parent.
* Ephesians 6:5-8 – By doing my work with excellence and enthusiasm.